Request: info/opinions on Tusa & Tusa Sapience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RE: "the sensor of the dive mode is easy to confused by the water leave inside so its stay at below water mode till you blow those water out. "

Que?? Does anyone know what he means? This is almost the only con I've read about the IQ-800's, so I really want to know before I go and buy one!

I have an idea: water can remain between the screen-guard (computer comes with it) and screen even after you exit the water.
Yes, I did blow the water out (did not have to).
No, the residual water did not trick the computer into the dive mode. I never had that problem.

The computer will enter the dive mode if you submerge it, or if you touch the sensor with something wet. It goes back to previous mode as soon as you take it out of the water or remove the wet object.

Hope that helps. :wink:

well, I try again to let you understand, this computer have a sensor that tell you if you are under wet condition or under 6M then it start to work as a dive log. since the water trap inside around the sensor, when you surface it still show you are under wet condition. then you can't switch it to another mode until it change back to normal mode. so you either blow those water out or let it dry normally. but it won't affect if you go another dive under more then 6M. aside of this, I'm love this computer. and would recommended it to anyone. hope this can help you understand more.

YES, thanks to both of you, that helped a lot!
I'm leaning pretty hard in the TUSA direction now; #2 choice might be Oceanic VT Pro, but the IQ-800 really has some great features - and I like the low profile/square screen with big digits for my not-so-young-anymore eyes.

Hey Allen
The vibratory feature is great when you are concentrating on something other than the "moment", like taking a picture or chasing dolphins, it gets your attention when it is needed. The big numbers are easy to read when you need info in a hurry. It gets our two thumbs up with its Nitrox compatiblilty, visual, audible and vibratory alarms.

Britt :fish:
:fish:

My friend loves the vibrating version, as they know immediately when the computer wants to get their attention. If a computer starts bleeping, everyone looks at their wrist trying to work out which computer is making th noise.

And the ladies love a dive computer that vibrates...

allanp:
The vibrating alert of the Tusa IQ-800 DC-Sapience is facinating me. What I don't know if I want is the rest of the computer. How are Tusa computers? Has anyone dove with this new model? ~allan

allanp: Yep, this is a very good computer from a first rate OEM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom