Rescue diver..naui and padi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

at depth or at the surface has been discussed in the past. A search on scubaboard should turn up the results so you can hear what others have had to say about this.

Well Divemed06,

It would seem now, based on all the above, you should be able to build both a PADI and a NAUI watch!!!!:bounce:

Are the CPR , O2, and first aid cards required for NAUI rescue class specific for diving. I am an EMT w/ Amer.Red Cross CPR / ACLS cards and was told they don't apply to the NAUI class - why?

My NAUI Rescue course required CPR and FA, and some of us had Red Cross cards that were accepted. I did mine with ASHI and wasn't particularly pleased with the course.

Are the CPR , O2, and first aid cards required for NAUI rescue class specific for diving. I am an EMT w/ Amer.Red Cross CPR / ACLS cards and was told they don't apply to the NAUI class - why?

If you were told this by a NAUI instructor he/she was misinformed NAUI accepts Red cross first aid and CPR for their classes. Almost all types of internationally recognized training is accepted. As long as the cards have not expired they are good as proof of First Aid and Cpr training necessary for Rescue.

( I am a NAUI Course Director)

I got a CPR/FA card from Medic First Aid International and it was accepted by the NAUI shop that I took my rescue class through.

As with all other trainings, the quality and worthiness of the course content depend on the instructor. We did more free dive rescue training than I'd seen in other Rescue classes.

Thank you, it didn't make sense otherwise. As for the O2 certifn class - could my State / National EMS certifn suffice, or do I need to sign up for their class ? Or should I just keep shopping around for a different instructor all together - any thoughts ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom