Reset G2 to Sell?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Patrick Sadowski

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a ScubaPro G2. I want to sell it. I cannot figure out how to factory delete, so that all my information is deleted from the unit. Factory reset on the G2 does not delete personal information or the dive log. Help...!!!!

Hi Patrick. Did you try “Format Flash Disk”? That feature is available on ‘page’ 8.11 on your G2. I’ve not tried that yet, but found the procedure in the user manual.

I have a ScubaPro G2. I want to sell it. I cannot figure out how to factory delete, so that all my information is deleted from the unit. Factory reset on the G2 does not delete personal information or the dive log. Help...!!!!
ping me if you are interested in selling it

I'm trying to so the same thing. Unfortunately, the menu to reformat the flash isn't there unless the flash is deemed corrupted. Does anyone know you to forcefully reformat the flash drive?

I was thinking to just format it as any other flash drive which will wipe out all the files and folders. But then, will the G2 still be able to boot so that the folders could be reloaded?

Wonder if anyone has tried this? Trying to avoid totally "bricking" the G2 ...

This link will help as I'm resetting mine to sell.

Back
Top Bottom