Resources on Ginnie and Peacock...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
My dive club has asked me to talk about my recent week of cave training at our upcoming meeting. While I can easily describe the training ... and what various aspects of the training felt like, I'd like to get some visual aids (pics, vid clips, maps, etc) to toss up on a screen to help show them what the caves look like.

I'm not looking for a "caverns measureless to man" sort of exploration thing. This is more along the lines of something that would be useful for an informal, 20 minute or so discussion from someone who's new at it talking to people who have no idea what it's like ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Some pretty good maps can be found here: Florida Cave, Cavern, and Sinkhole Diving

Jason B has a thread with a bunch of video of Peacock on DMX.

Jason and I have photographs, one of two divers looking into the Ear, and mine of the river, also in the gallery on DMX. I went looking for some "in cave" pictures, but I'm having trouble finding many.

Pm sent re: maps

Thanks ... some pics that would be helpful would be things like ...

- topside pics of the spring at Peacock 1 and the entrance at Ginnie
- a pic looking up from the log at Devil's Ear at the tannin in the water (like the river's bleeding)
- a pic of the log or area around the log
- a pic looking down into either the Ear or the Eye
- a pic of the sign and/or beginning of the gold line at Ginnie

pictures showing large areas as well as structures like the lips or keyhole

any pics or video from Peacock ... there is some beautiful structure between P1 and Olson's but I don't know if it's even capturable in still images or video

These are just some things that would help me describe some of what I experienced.

Thanks for any and all help ... and, of course, permission to use someone else's photos in this presentation (it's just for this presentation, and they won't be reproduced)

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I have the wall maps Bob.

You can pick them up tonight if they would be useful

Scott

IMG_2620.jpg

My photo of the site at Devil's.

http://www.divematrix.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Jason_Bob_Devils_Ear.jpg

Jason's picture, which I didn't post here without permission.

Thanks ... some pics that would be helpful would be things like ...

- topside pics of the spring at Peacock 1 and the entrance at Ginnie
- a pic looking up from the log at Devil's Ear at the tannin in the water (like the river's bleeding)
- a pic of the log or area around the log
- a pic looking down into either the Ear or the Eye
- a pic of the sign and/or beginning of the gold line at Ginnie

pictures showing large areas as well as structures like the lips or keyhole

any pics or video from Peacock ... there is some beautiful structure between P1 and Olson's but I don't know if it's even capturable in still images or video

These are just some things that would help me describe some of what I experienced.

Thanks for any and all help ... and, of course, permission to use someone else's photos in this presentation (it's just for this presentation, and they won't be reproduced)

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Here's a video with the tannic water
Inside the Devil

Peacock video-
Peacock Springs on Vimeo

A ginnie video (with the log)
http://www.vimeo.com/3815503

Peacock

Ginnie

6th video down - Peacock

Not the best photos or video, all taken a few years ago when I first started cave diving and U/W photo and video, but some of it might be useful to you.

Here's a photo from Devil's Ear at Ginnie showing how pretty the tannic water can be:

img_0311a.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom