Restaurant Finds?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NDL_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It has been a while since we talked-about scuba diver fuel! I would like to know if you have a NEW restaurant find. I am not talking the usual Guido's, K'ooban Laab, Buccanos, La Cocay, El Morro ... place that has been mentioned multiple times. I'm talking off the Melgar area for some unique restaurant that you stumbled upon walking and said "let's give this place a try" type of place.
We are heading down in a few months for 4 weeks and would like to broden my pallet.

Thanks

Mingo's, it's newer restaurant that is by reservation only. Great steaks and high end hamburgers. Very nice decore, one of the best places I have been to in years.
Kind of funky, it has no signage or advertising. On the corner of 10th av and Calle 9 is a new high end condo building Mingo's is on 9th between 10 ,& 15 av, adjacent to the condo tower. We made reservations the day prior and put in a shopping order for which steaks we wanted. They were excellent.
IMG20230530202910.jpg

Attachments

• menu.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 159
Mingos was great. Call ahead for steaks. He has them, but wants to take them out to be room temp before cooking.

Mingo's, it's newer restaurant that is by reservation only. Great steaks and high end hamburgers. Very nice decore, one of the best places I have been to in years.
Kind of funky, it has no signage or advertising. On the corner of 10th av and Calle 9 is a new high end condo building Mingo's is on 9th between 10 ,& 15 av, adjacent to the condo tower. We made reservations the day prior and put in a shopping order for which steaks we wanted. They were excellent.View attachment 785788

We've been there 4 times in past 6 months and no need for reservations if you want burgers, just for steaks and fish. We dropped in first 3 times for burgers then ordered a day ahead for some awesome grilled triggerfish a few weeks ago.

A new place for us is a hole in the wall taco place on 25th Ave between c4 and c6, Ruta 25.

We have also been frequenting Casita de Indio on 20thAve at c5 Sur.

La Conchita del Caribe on Avenida 65 Sur between Calle 13 & 15. Taxi driver recommended this place & I had an excellent lobster dinner there recently.

Thanks for starting this thread!

La Conchita del Caribe on Avenida 65 Sur between Calle 13 & 15. Taxi driver recommended this place & I had an excellent lobster dinner there recently.
I wholeheartedly second that. I had heard about La Conchita for quite a while but never tried it, partly because it closes a bit early (7:30), but my wife and I decided to try it on our last trip to Cozumel. It's now on my short list of must do eateries on the island.

I had a plate of grilled octopus and she had sea bass stuffed with other seafood. Both were excellent, perhaps the best meals we have had on Cozumel for quite some time, and were more than generous portions. For both entrees, four glasses of wine, and a serving of flan that we split, the bill was about US$54.

Wow.

We really liked Cielito, on 5th Ave at c3. (I snagged this from my trip report - and the location from @ReefHound - thanks!). $730 pesos for a long island iced tea, bottle of water, my 4 Moles appetizer, chica bowl of crema de chile poblano (yummy and wasn't really that small a bowl), fajitas for R, and two bowls of ice cream. I think I might be missing a page of the menu - maybe the drinks page or maybe just the cover.

C3867FB6-5D34-41CC-A7D9-BCCDCC8C771C_1_105_c.jpeg

2E8A6F94-886D-4E12-9173-2097FBC449F6_1_105_c.jpeg
A0A71AFC-EA4C-4EF6-899A-DCF3AB3632E4_1_105_c.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom