Restaurant Suggestions in Key Largo and surrounding area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For a great breakfast, you have got to try Doc's, in Key Largo. As I recall, it was just across from Brent's (Blue Water).

Sundowners is nice for a special meal, if not the cheapest, but you get great sunset views (hence the name...), and there is Cactus Jacks nearby that does damn fine chicken wings and beer!

Buzzards Roost has fab burgers, Hobos does decent grub, and Coconuts has nice steak and shrimp.

Mark

The Fish House has a great atmosphire and great for dinner.

The Galley has great fish sandwiches and great for lunch.

You can find great seafood throughout all of the Keys. There will restaurants to try than you will have time for.

Happy diving and eating!

All good suggestions so far! My wife STILL raves over the pan seared Grouper she had at the Fish House (great Key Lime pie as well!)

Mrs. Mac's Kitchen has AWESOME Conch chowder! (but as someone said, it's nothing to look at)

Bentley's in Islamorada is great for "fine dining"

There used to be a great sandwich place in Islomorada calle the Lorelei, but the last time we were down it was closed up and apparently being torn down...not sure if they are re-opening it or not?!?!(could have been damaged in one of the hurricanes)

Almost forgot...there's a place at the "dive resort" area in Key Largo at mm100 that's right next to Marina Del Mar hotel, on the property...

A couple of favorites of ours to eat: Islamorada: Morada bay - outside beach dining sunset, bring light sticks and sand toys for the kids, meals are great - try the fish cooked onthe cedar blank .. excellent :) (next to the World Wide Sportsman) and Lazy Days - great food nice folks, aways a staple. An when you are done eating, upstairs at World Wide Sportsman is a nice bar :wink:

Ballyhoos Grill at MM98 is also nice.

I will be taking my newly certified 12yo daughter to Key Largo this week. Are there any eating places that are NOT recommended for kids? The kind of places that get a little "wild n'crazy" at times.

Marker 88 Restaurant in Islamorada has god food & a great sunset view.
For breakfast or lunch try the Key Largo Coffee House at MM100 Oceanside.

Tower Pizza always hits the spot for me after a day of diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom