Restriction banding 55lbs wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all for advice...that's mainly what I was looking for, size of bungee and where to get it. I've also seen some wings restricted with surgical latex tubing, I just wasn't sure what size and where to buy it. It looks like hardware store carry surgical tubing, I just have not checked yet what size. I'm getting a grommet kit so I will have the grommet'ed holes on the wing to route the bungee.

The decision between surgical tube and elastic shock-cord is really going to be determined by how much 'stretch' you want the bungeed wing to have.

I am fascinated by your project... you'll be punching holes into your wing so that you can add bungees??

Last edited:
The problem with surgical tubing in diving applications is that it's not tolerant of sun at all, and rapidly fatigues and fails. I'd stick to bungie, if you are going to do this.

The answer to how to bungee a wing is: don't. If your wing is too voluminous that it needs to be bungied, it's too voluminous. Period. A 55 pound wing is way too big for single tank diving but should work fine and not take up too much volume with doubles.

[offtopic] hi, jeff!:wavey::wavey:

[/offtopic] don't do it, dude.

Back
Top Bottom