Review: Cozy Winters heated vest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good write up. My hand and feet get cold faster so I was checking out the socks and glove liners.

[WARNING: OLD THREAD]

If you are still looking for a something to warm the hands without requiring thicker (less agile) undergloves, you could try Heating packs. I've done a few dives using the Hot Hands brand packs between thin silk liners and fingerless polartec gloves; wristies. I'm still deciding on them, but the idea seems solid for someone who wants minimize glove thickness. The packs cost about $1 a piece, or less if bought in bulk, and are good for about 8 hours. The ingredients produce heat when they react with air (oxygen), so they might burn out a bit faster if using nitrox for drysuit inflation, and probably not at all if using argon. But for most people a pair should last for the day. And they won't explode if wet, though that probably reduces their effectiveness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom