Review: DGX 600 vs Xtar D26 vs $22 eBay light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D26 worked like a damn champ. As much as I loved my DGX600s, I love the D26 even more. Love the ability to simply push a button to turn the light on, other than twisting. Burn time was great, light output was great, I will be getting another so I have matching backups.

Well got my second D26 (gotta have matching backups) and I could not be more pleased. I also wanted to give a shout out for the battery that came with my package. It appears to be a rather generic 22560 battery listed at 5500mah. I put it on the OPUS and low and behold it actually tested out to be something like 5532mah. We will see how it holds up.

Can anyone recommend a US source for the D26? I'd like to order a set for myself and wife before our trip end of Feb.

Can you also recommend a source of high quality batteries?

I got one of mine from XtarDirect.com. I don't think it is based in the U.S., but my light came quickly.

You could probably also get good batteries from there. But, I got Soshine 26650s from eBay and they are great. There are several eBay sources for those that are in the U.S..

Can anyone recommend a US source for the D26? I'd like to order a set for myself and wife before our trip end of Feb.

Can you also recommend a source of high quality batteries?
Yeah I got my D26s and batteries off eBay. Just made sure it was from a US based seller. Made it from CA to FL in less than a week.

I cant find any US sellers. All ship from China.

And a further complication is everything is closed for Chinese New Year.

I bought the D26 and have tried it on a few day and night dives.

On paper the specs are great, but I don't really like the color of the beam as it has a slight green cast.

I'm thinking of getting a second one and modding it with another LED... but I first need to check whether my electronics wiz friend can do it!

Interesting. I have never noticed that, and i don't see it in the photos I posted at the start of this thread. Am I not seeing it? Or is it just your light?

Inexpensive lights compromise on bin consistency. They can vary quite a bit in their color. Even the high end leds that we use in high end lighting can vary. A line of 10 lights can have a couple that stand out as different if you are looking for it. We just move them to a different room. This is even with Soraa and other expensive brand leds.

The DGX now comes in a push button! The button is on the bottom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom