Trip Report Review of ScubaMobile in PDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PStrangerX

Registered
Reaction score
Went with them due to a positive recommendation from here and also pricing. I was staying at Iberostar Queztal and the dive shop on their property (Dressel Divers) charged gear rental PER DIVE and also required a $125 refresher course since my fiancee and I had not dived in the past year and a half (saving for the wedding so haven't dived as much as we want to). I had 36 dives under my belt and the fiancee had 8 dives. While we are not experts yet, I really felt being in a classroom for a few hours on our vacation isn't really necessary.

Nicky at Scubamobile was very prompt in answering all emails. Pricing was great - I didn't find a shop that offered a cheaper price in my research. We payed $410 total for 2 divers to do 2 days of diving along with gear rental. Day 1 was a 2 tank dive to the Playa reefs. Day 2 was a 2 tank dive in Cozumel (that price also includes fee to take the ferry to Cozumel).

Both days, we had a ratio of 2 divemasters for 3-4 divers. The small group really made for a comfortable dive.

The divemasters (Jorge and Ben, also Javier from Blue Angel diving ) were all great. They explained the dive plans well and were very helpful in getting equipment on in the boat. On the dives, they were very attentive. My fiancee had a few buoyancy issues, and they helped her during the dive by adding/subtracting weight as needed (we discovered that she needs her ankle weights on during shallow dives, and off on deeper dives). I had a few issues on my first dive, and Ben helped me get all sorted.

Would def use them again next time we go back!

Very enjoyable and Cozumel was everything I had hoped for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom