Review: Vintage Double Hose #18 Argonaut Wing (VDH)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are the Freedom Contour back plates being produced again?
Yes, when I can get any time to myself away from my insane work schedule and get into my shop (my haven) which nowdays seems to be about never. Right now I’m like 30 jobs deep doing all the other stuff I do. The joys of self employment and being the only guy left in Northern California that knows how to use a lettering brush. Hand lettering has taken off like fire in the wind! A good thing I guess?
However....I have about 10 medium plates all formed up waiting for rails and polishing and they will be ready to go out. I just have to get to it. I’ve had people waiting for 6 months.
A symptom of a booming economy, too much to do and no time to do it.

I’m diving Freedom Contour and SP MK10 first stage. I have the top cam band just below the bottle neck in the tank. With the 13” corrugated hose, a 18” BC hose is perfect and is also one of the most common stocked (online) hose lengths. It works the same whether the MK10 is mounted with LP section up or down.

I wish I got a pic of the rig on a tank - the whole things is beautiful and wonderfully compact.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom