RIP Masaya San🙏

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How is your Japanese friend doing? Has he been cleared by the authorities?
Yes, seems they suspected he was a debt collector using police to get into apartment. He was furious at the accusations.

Spoke with him this morning, he said he "feels a bit funny" but ok. He too is happy to have helped in finding Masaya San.

IMG_4159.png

T
I’m sorry for your loss, but very glad he was able to be found.
Thank you and yes, happy isn't perhaps the right word but I feel something (?) that I found him and maybe he knows it, that he was not forgotten, that someone noticed and cared enough to look🙏🏻

And here a bunch of people also cared🙏🏻

Seems Masaya san will pass over without much of a send off.

I know a stone mason in Japan, am going to purchase a marble block and get it engraved the next time I'm in Japan and will place it at our local dive site in his memory.

I think Masaya san would like that, he dove there for over 40 years and it was his happy place🙏🏻

It's funny, the locals all dive solo but Masaya San was always keen to dive with us gaijin😊

He was the first local to try and talk with us and the first local to welcome us. After he began speaking to us the other locals slowly followed. Initially no one spoke to us at all but over the years we all developed pleasant relationships despite the language barrier.

Thank you Masaya San🙇

Sometimes, the best way we can honor a person is to emulate the good things about them; to do the very things they would do if they were still here. Sounds like that’s exactly what you’re doing now.

am going to purchase a marble block and get it engraved the next time I'm in Japan and will place it at our local dive site in his memory.

This is such a thoughtful commemoration of your friend, @buddhasummer . Very noble of you to honor him in such a meaningful way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom