Riu Palace (Riv. Maya) & Playa del Carmen dive shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bosshogg357

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Howdy friends! (from Texas). I'm going to be in Playa del Carmen later this month and I am looking for any advice on diving from Riu Palace Riviera Maya. I normally go to Cozumel. I have used, Scuba with Alison, Blue XTC, and blue angel and others. I love Coz. but it looks like I will need to dive the Playa side.

What is the onsite dive shop for Riu Palace Riviera Maya?

I was happy with Tank Ha out of Playa del Carmen. I have used Dive with mike and scuba Caribe in Playa. Tank Ha was our preferred shop. However, they don't pick up from the hotel. Thoughts?

What is the schedule like (time wise) to try to get a 2-tank in over on Cozumel and get back to Playa as soon as we can after diving?

Thanks in advance!
B.

ScubaCaribe is the house operator at the palace. You'll be diving with students if you dive anything other than the first dive of the day.

Tank Ha runs their own boat to Coz, so you can be back in Playa by 2pm.

ScubaCaribe is the house operator at the palace. You'll be diving with students if you dive anything other than the first dive of the day.

Tank Ha runs their own boat to Coz, so you can be back in Playa by 2pm.

That crossing in a small boat is not an everyday thing, though, I'll wager.

i think it's only on Mondays. on other days they will go if they can get 6 people.
OK, but what I was talking about is that the channel is not passable every day in a small boat.

I stayed there about a month ago and dove with The ABYSS, they were great. I did watch the dive shop at the hotel ( scuba cribe the spelling is wrong) and they had large boats if you like lots of divers but the abyss only takes out 4-6 at a time but you will have to take a taxi downtown about five bucks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom