Roatan Bugs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha's right. Using any kind of repellent frequently is the key. Cactus Juice worked just fine for us at CCV. I kept a bottle of it in our room, one in the gear locker, and one in a tote bag I carried around. It has a fine misting spray that covers well and I used it every time I left the room or got near sand. After 2 weeks I came back with hardly any bites....I'm the token bug magnet!

mermaid52:
How are the bugs in Roatan in July. Headed there for the first time end of July. Any and all suggestions on Roatan welcome. :06:

How are the bugs in July?

By that time of year, they're full grown and ready to interact with humans!

Lots of good advice here. The thing is to use whatever you choose frrequently! Keep a close eye on your bites! DO NOT let them become infected! Happy diving!!

Regards,

OH my what a wonderful response to one little questions. Thanks so much for the information and the interest shown in my questions :dazzler1: I think you guys are great and hope to make some real friends here.
Lori

Back
Top Bottom