Roatan cautions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"I would take the CDC warnings with a grain of salt."

If you have especial expertise in travel/tropical medicine concerning the geographical regions that you have mentioned, I'm sure that CDC would like to hear from you. They can be reached at http://www.cdc.gov/travel/contactus.htm.

I would also mention that the simple presence of "mesquitos/misquitos" in an area means little as regards malaria (or other mosquito-borne diseases). The mosquitos must be of a specific type & be infected in order for them to cause disease.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

PS: That's "San Gervasio"

I've stayed a both AKR and the Inn of Last Resort with no problems with the water. As far as A.C. I did without both times and plan another trip this Sept with out A.C. We really didn't need it a night and duirng the daytime you aren't in you room very much.

:puke: You know - I'll bet that most resorts really try to have good water most of the time. I've been sick on vacations before, though, and I try to reduce the possibilities - just like I always carry a lot of safety scuba gear & first aid treatments I don't PLAN on using. Buying bottled water or self treating per CDC guidlines is a small thing.

:cold: And I never plan on spending time in my room, but like I said - I HAVE BEEN SICK ON VACATION BEFORE, and if I NEED to spend daylight hours in my room, or just want to - then I want AC! I don't have it at home and it's going to be 100 degrees here today, but I want it on a tropical vacation!

:gjoker: My expanded thoughts anyway...

Happy Bubbles... Don :eek:ldguy:

:wavey: (I like these "smiles!")

We were a group of 12 last Winter at Anthony's Key, and 5 of us had chloroquine prescriptions. None of us got it, as of a month later, but remember, the illness can manifest itself up to a year later.

I had no side effects from the medecine; I plan to visit Costa Rica next Winter and will take Chloroquine again.

I went to Cozumel and the Dominican Republic in the past, took nothing againts it, just was careful of what I ate and drank and was fine.

Just like SARS in Toronto, with a little precaution, it's a non-issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom