Roatan, Honduras - CoCo View Resort - May 26 - June 2 - June 9, 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Come Join Us on The 10th Annual Trip to Coco View
Location: Roatan, Honduras - Coco View Resort - CoCo View Resort

Check out this short video of the island activities... http://www.cocoviewresort.com/activities.html#shark

Dates:
Week 1: May 26 - June 2, 2007, Sat. to Sat.
Week 2: June 2, - June 9 2007, Sat. to Sat.
Two weeks are available, extended to June 9. Let us know which week suits your schedule and join in on the fun. Of course you are more than welcome to stay the full two weeks!

This trip will be the 10th Annual trip to Coco View and we wanted to do something special. So for this trip, Zendiving.com and I have booked the whole resort and plan to fill the whole resort with our friends!

If you want a trip that focuses on diving, this is the place. Two vertical walls, a shipwreck, reefs and grass flats make up the Front Yard of CCV and you haven't even set foot on a boat yet. We enjoy this even more when we can include our friends. If you aren't a friend now, you will be!

Coco View's Front Yard

Walk in - Walk out. How easy can it get?

CoCo View's shore-diving is so good (and so effortless!) many divers miss the boat on purpose!

An incredible array of marine life is only a few fin kicks from our Clubhouse along the renowned CoCo View Wall, Newman's Wall, and at the easily accessible wreck of the Prince Albert. All this and you don't even have to step on a boat! The Front Yard is open for your diving pleasure 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week. Dive when you want, air is always available at our 150 bottle tank storage rack.

Many divers love the "Front Yard" for the great night diving opportunities and the "creatures of the dark" that make it their home.

If you have non-divers, it's a Haven for Snorkellers! ("Fish and lobsters and rays! oh my!:wink: Swim a little, tan a little, swing in the hammock, and snorkel whenever you want! You will always see something new and beautiful playing out in the Front Yard. Eagle Rays are very common sightings!

FULL DETAILS BELOW
We have reserved the entire Coco View Resort!
The Diving:
I think the diving is some of the best I've ever had. I love the walls and low to no currents. The dive schedule is very easy. The morning boats leave at 8:30am. You'll do one reef dive, return to the boat for your surface interval and the second dive is a drop off on one of the two walls in front of the resort. You make your way home at your leisure. Lunch is served from noon to 1:30pm. The afternoon boat leaves at 2pm with the same reef dive and drop off dive schedule as was in the morning schedule. However if everyone on the boat agrees the DM will frequently let you do 2 reef dives in the mornings. It depends on several things and is always at the DM's discretion. Of course there is always night dives!

If you are a photographer, you'll be in Heaven! The viz can vary from 80-100+ ft. Of all the dive sites, and there are lots of great ones, I love the photography in the Front Yard. It's inside a protected natural channel between two 100+ foot barrier reef walls. I've seen everything from huge Manta Rays, to tiny Blennies, large Green Morays to tiny Juv. Drums, Large Basket Stars to small Hermit Crabs, all within walking/wading distance from our bungalow. And the Prince Albert and Mr. Bud ship wrecks are home to so many critters, too many to name. Calvin's Crack, Menagorea, Doc's Place...too many great sites to mention. This will be my 10th trip and I always find things and places I've never seen. My photo albums can be found at Dee's Photos from this years May trip will be posted in a few days.

As I mentioned, shore diving is unlimited, you can go anytime you feel like it up until 11pm. CCV treats you as a responsible adult, and expects you to act like one, so you have a lot of freedom to dive as you like. As long as you follow the set of CCV safety rules, you'll have no problems. In the past, we've done as many as 30-35 dives in the 5 day dive span. Or if you like only a couple of dives a day and spend the rest swinging in a hammock, drinking Monkey LaLa's...you'll get no pressure.

Accommodations:
Bungalow (4 rooms): Over the water duplex separate from the other rooms for a little more privacy. Rooms A and C have one King bed. Rooms B and D have two Double beds.

Cabana (12 rooms): Over-water quadruplex with private porch, 2 Double beds.
Oceanfront (9 rooms): Ocean front rooms with private porch or balcony. 6 rooms with 1 Twin and 1 Double, 3 rooms with 1 King.
TSR Room (1 room): The Secret Room (The original room of Coco View Resort.)
All rooms have coffee pots and small refridgerators.

Pricing
This is an all-inclusive resort. All food and lodging is included.

Bungalows and Cabanas:
1 Week DOUBLE occupancy: 8 days / 7 nights
Diver: $1126.00 per person
Non-Diver: $1026.00 per person
2 weeks - $2,110.00

Ocean View Rooms & TSR Room:
1 Week DOUBLE occupancy: 8 days / 7 nights
Diver: $1068.00 per person
Non-Diver: $968.00 per person
2 weeks - $1,995.00

(NOTE: If you want a room to yourself, there is an additional single supplement fee of $350 for the cabanas and $150 for the ocean view rooms. If you are by yourself but are willing to accept a room mate, we will do our best to match you with another single. CCV also has a 'share' program which means if we can't find a roomie for you, they will assign someone who needs a roomie. If no one needs the other half of your room, you can stay by yourself without the extra single supplement.)

Package Includes
* All FEES and TAXES (exception is $32 departure and security tax, $2 per day chamber tax is optional but highly recommended)
* Ocean front accommodations
* Welcome cocktail
* Complimentary airport transfers
* 3 Full meals daily includes: breakfasts to order, full lunch, dinner buffets with salad bar and choice of entrée
* 1 Bar-B-Que on private cay (weather permitting)
* 1 Picnic on private cay (weather permitting)
* Unlimited beach diving includes: barrier reef wall diving, wreck of the Prince Albert, night diving
* Unlimited air
* 2 boat dive trips daily including 1 tank at selected site and optional drop-off wall dive (up to 4 boat tanks daily)
* 1 boat night dive per week
* Tanks, belts, and weights
* Free use of ocean kayaks and non-motorized beach equipment, exercise equipment as well as ample opportunities sight-seeing, picnicking, and day or night time excursions.

Airfare The non-stop round trip airfare from Houston to Roatan will be added as soon as it comes available. In the past few years it has been around $500-600 plus taxes, we'll just have to wait and see. If you need to fly into Houston, we can arrange the additional flights and that cost will be added, or you can get your own airfare all the way. We're hoping to use Continental again because of the friendlier schedule. Earlier arrival, later departure gives us time to settle in the first day and not is such a rush to leave the last.

Diving with Nitrox
Nitrox is available, as well as Nitrox Certifications. Tanks are $6.00 per tank (NOT per day) or $100.00 per person for week long unlimited use (shore diving included)

DISCOUNTS
1. If paid in FULL by August 26, 06 <$50.00> OR if paid in FULL by November 26, 2006 <$25.00>.
2. NOTE: Prices reflect a cash discount. If paying via Credit Card using the Zendiving Virtual Terminal (the 3% Surcharge is figured for you) or if by PayPal, please add 3% processing fee.

Terms and Conditions of Payment
Deposit:
&nbsp; - 50% refund with cancellation 90 days or more prior to departure date
&nbsp; - Non-Refundable within the 90 days of the trip unless we can fill the entire trip

. Full payment due 105 days (Feb 10, 07) prior to departure date.
. 50% refund with cancellation 30 days or more prior to departure date.
. Non-Refundable with cancellation within 30 days of departure date.
(less the surcharge fee if you paid with credit card or PayPal)

PAYMENT INFORMATION
Payments can be made now in several different ways. Click Here to find out how.

HOW TO GO ABOUT JOINING US
1. Post in this thread that you would like to go, PM me for further details and/or go to Zendiving.com for full details.
2. Once your deposit is received, you will be moved to the "Who's going!" list.
3. Once your name is on the list, please keep handy the scheduled payment dates, found on the complete listing on Zendiver.com (I ran out of space here!)

NOTE:
CCV is not a fancy resort. If you need a nightlife other than what you can make yourself, CCV may not be for you. There are off island excursions planned and available if you want to do more than diving. Some of these are: Dolphin snorkel/diving, Shark dive, seaplane aerial tour, eco tours, weekly shopping excursions and horseback riding. If you want to leave CCV in the evening for dinner in one of the local restaurants, transportation can be arranged through the office. But if you want a place that was built FOR divers BY divers, where diving is the major activity, then CCV just may become your home away from home, too.

If you have any questions, please PM or EMAIL either Dee or Zendiver. I know we have probably left out something!

Come join us...you know you want to!

This is going to be one spectacular trip! :D

Okay, I just did the Roatan trip 7/15 to 7/22/06 at CoCo View Resort, so if any of you are wondering, you are CRAZY not to go! It is the #1 repeat dive resort in the world, and everything about it was amazing.

**Please say hello to the resort dog for me. He fishes, crabs, swims, and loves to try to sleep in your room! He's the best. Also, the resort parrots are pretty but do not touch - they will bite. Very wild.

I stayed in a Cabana, which was the BEST accomodations of the choices they have. IT'S AN ISLAND OFF THE ISLAND OF ROATAN, SO YOU TAKE A BOAT TO THE RESORT! THEY OWN THAT WHOLE LITTLE ISLAND. No TV, radio, or phone anywhere or anything...just tons of piers, beautiful views, diving, peace and quiet, great food, awesome people, and neat activities each night - they bring in entertainers for you. They also have bikes for you to roam around the island.

MAKE SURE YOU BIKE TO THE END OF THE ISLAND AND CLIMB ON A BEACHHOUSE PROPERTY BEACH - THE PANORAMIC IS AMAZING. NOBODY KNEW THIS BUT ME -- I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT WENT THERE!!!! Some of the owners might even give you a tour - I got one :wink:

WARNING: The cabanas do have open floor boards, so bugs and small crabs do crawl in according to the other guests. They also do not stay air conditioned that well. The cabanas are totally enclosed and had fantastic air conditioning. People were jealous of us. Also, bring TONS OF BUG SPRAY -- 1 can for the scuba locker room/dock and one for your room :) I heard the ocean view rooms and the cabanas were the best. Beach housese are there for extra occupancy -- several people were (unhappily) kicked out of their original reservations for over selling spots.

The food was EXCELLENT, the staff is very friendly, and please tip $100 each per week - they EARN every penny. The captains, dive masters, the wait staff, the resort manager all work very hard. Your rooms are cleaned daily and your sheets are washed daily - they smell so good like Mom's laundry.

You will be able to get in 5 dives a day (I admit the night diving was my fave - and try to go to Calvin's Crack & Connie's ["wet"] Dream!). They have over 40+ dive sites, so you will NOT repeat a dive!! Up by 7:30am, breakfast at 8am, leave for the first dives at 8:30, lunch at noon, second dives at 2pm, dinner at 5pm, then some night dives...and I was pooped and asleep by 8pm/9pm. There is a boat wreck out front between both reefs (Newman's Wall & Coco View Wall), so look for SEAHORSES there. Also, a sting ray resides there and you can hang out by the ship to look for him before you go in on the beach dives!

ACTIVITIES: I did the island massage, ahhhhh :) And since you can't dive the day before flight, I recommend doing your activities on that Friday and Saturday morning before you leave. I chose the ISLAND TOUR: you visit West End (the main tourist area with shops + bars - you will be on east end), the most amazing BOTANICAL GARDENS I have ever seen (built and maintained by an olde guy & his wife from NC!) -- the guy that works the shop is HOT! -- and you will go to the Iguana farm where monkeys are super cute and their are thousands of iguanas to pet everywhere (they are protected now b/c that WAS the island "meat"). I also heard that the cable wire tour is spectactular (the easy one - the hard one is like Indiana Jones btw) - I was sad I could not make it to that but there was no way.

If you want to know anything else, let me know. I will be back and adored the trip SO much. That place ROCKS!!! GO!!!

I forgot to mention that one of the activities was alos a SHARK DIVE excursion. DO IT!!!!!!! Some of the most experienced divers there said that it was in their top 3 of best shark experiences ever. It was my first, so I was blown away!

I counted about 16 to 18 black tip reef sharks -- approx. 10 to 20 feet long -- they were BIG to me! -- were all around us at 90 feet for about 30 minutes - swimming right over our heads and all around us. It was just amazing :)

The boat ride out there is super fun too b/c it's choppy, on their main channel, and the deep ocean, so you get soaked!! Water flying everywhere. I recommend wearing your mask there and back - it was a cold ride back!

Also, the current line was atrocious and I was swinging so bad, that I lost my weight belt. Everyone was passing me and I thought they knew what I was saying, but nope...all 15 people were down there 90 feet down but me. I was still on the current line trying to get to the acension line. My nickname all week was "shark bait." BE CAREFUL AND HOLD ON. YOU WILL DISAPPEAR FAST AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BEAT THAT CURRENT.

Talk to anyone that did the dolphine dive?? Did you bring bug spray for yourself like Off and then a big can for the room like Raid??

Do NOT do the dolphin dive unless you ASK about it first. When I was there in July, they were pregnant and also had other dolphins, so they do not separate them from their young. When the group went, they said there was only 1 dolphin and either hardly saw it or it did not come nearby (nobody warned them either about only being 1 dolphin, and they did not get their $ back).

I actually scratched my name off the list (they hang boards for you to sign up for stuff) prior to knowing about the 1 dolphin b/c the islanders told me that the SNORKEL WITH DOLPHINS was the BEST and VERY interactive -- even with many dolphins for the "dive".

You will also see dollphins throughout the week as they like to roam beside the dive boats. At one point, we stopped the boat and dove in to swim with them w/ just our bathing suits on. It was really cool :)

BUG SPRAY: I would bring spray that has DEET since you'll be in central america man. They have wierd bugs. And regarding RAID, I heard that some folks wish they brought some depending on where they stayed. It's mostly the mini crabs that will crawl around and stuff.

The resort is fantastic, a true get away, and is of spoils, but it is a bit rugged/outdoorsy, so just expect that and you'll really enjoy yourself!

AND HAVE FUN - I AM JEALOUS! Tell Jesse (one of the dive master's) that ashley from DC says hello, and give Poncho the resort dog a butt rub for me! He loves to hang out with you on the pier looking for fish...he does smell horrible, though, from all the sea water in his labrador hair!!

-ashley

Great!!!
I'm going down with Dee's group in May,staying in one of the Cabanas. Heading to Bonaire next Sat. the 7th.
Know you can be JEALOUS !!!!

Well have a blast laserdoc - I guarantee Roatan will be fantastic!! We flew over Bonaire and Belize on the way there, those are on the map for me - so have a blast in Bonaire. My co-worker just got back from there and had a ball.

I'll be in the Caymans on the Nekton 10/21 - 11/4 for my 31st birthday (Halloween). What a GREAT b-day present :)

Safe diving, great tanning, and all that jazz everyone...

-ash

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom