Roatan November 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anybody going to be in Roatan in November.

My wife Lora and I will be at the Mayan Princess for Nov 19-Nov 27, diving with Mayan Divers. We will be taking the rescue diver certifications while there, will likely look at doing the shark dive.

I'll buy the first round, you bring the umbrella.

Attachments

• rain.jpg
    rain.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 356
Nice pic!

@mfinley... We will be staying in West Bay (staying at St. Macs, a small condo on the beach near Infinity Bay) arriving on the 20th. My son lives in Thornton CO. We should try to get together.

I did my divemaster certification with Anja and Liber who are now at Mayan Divers. As part of that course, I had to repeat some of the rescues with Anja. When I got her back to shore and on the beach it looked so realistic that someone ran over to help me "save" her. It was pretty funny.

@mfinley... We will be staying in West Bay (staying at St. Macs, a small condo on the beach near Infinity Bay) arriving on the 20th. My son lives in Thornton CO. We should try to get together.

Definitely. We will have to figure something out.

Have you guys snorkled the reef area just to the west of you between where you are staying and the cliffs? I'm sure you have, but if you haven't you need to check it out. The fish life there is amazing. Last time I was there I was following a school of blue tangs through the maze of coral there and a barracuda exploded one of the tangs about 5 feet from my face from out of no where. One moment this fish was just following the school of tangs and the next he was in pieces and this 3 foot baraccuda was gulping him down way closer to my head then I wanted to be. It startled me so much I screamed out loud through my snorkel and trying to push myself away from it I cut myself good on the coral, which of course made me more nervous since I was bleeding in the water with a hungry barracuda arms length away. But that's a great snorkeling spot, over the course of snorkeling it a few times I think I saw most of the things I saw during a week of diving.

My wife and I stayed at the Henry Morgan October 30-Nov 5. Dove with TGI. Very nice operation. One VERY rainy day (still got 3 dives in) and 6 very nice days. We did the shark dive and were quite pleasantly surprised with the number and size of the sharks and other fish there. Enjoy.

We just booked a trip to AKR in Feb so we'll miss you... enjoy and looking forward to a trip report!

I'm headed to Roatan November 23-28th! Would be fun to meet up with other divers! This will be my first trip out there. Any tips on dive shops, food stops, bars, or any other fun places to loose my head would be much appreciated! I'm coming with a friend who hasn't been diving before, hopefully I'll be able to get his fins wet!

We just got back from AKR last night and had a great time. The weather could not have been better and the staff was amazing! I hated to come home...enjoy your stay there!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom