Roatan or Cozumel .. which would YOU choose ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian Gilpin:
Coz is so much more civilized and the dive ops so much more professional. You can get eaten alive by the bugs in Roatan. It was impossible to lay on the beach without getting bitten up. Diving was certainly not as good as Coz but it was shallower for the most part if thats a concern. Roatan is developing a rep for poor boats and equipment and we certainly witnessed our share.

Sorry you and Joe had bad times in Roatan. I loved it, but then - I didn't have any time for laying on the beach. Eat, dive, dive, eat, dive, nap, eat, dive, sleep, plus optional dives.

Shallow? Well, I didn't go below 130 feet, but it was deep enough to appreciate walls you won't see off of Cozumel.

Yes, it is more rustic than Coz, but I prefer Yosimitee over San Francisco, and Roatan over Coz. Keep skeeter repellent in your dive locker and your room and spray your legs every time you leave either.

If you'd done Roatan and not Coz, I'd say try Coz, too. Since you've done Coz, try Roatain. Then Calf Channel Islands, North Carolina Wrecks, Florida Keys Wrecks, hot springs 100 feet down on the reef off of Nevies, etc. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom