Roatan - Subway Watersports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Palmcoastdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We are considering using this Dive Operator for our Cruise stop in Isla Roatan..their Website looks good. Can anyone recommend their service?

Hey there Palmcoastdiver,
You'll enjoy your Roatan dive experience. Been there a few times and Bananarama gets my business. Funny name, but Marco, Martine, Mal and the rest are competent, friendly and run an efficient operation. I use my own stuff but their rental equipment appears to be in pretty good shape and recent. They are located on West Bay Beach - I think they'll pick you up from the cruise ship dock if you drop them a line.

Glenn

Three of us dove with Subway on a back-to-back Carnival cruise over New Year's. They were great and I totally recommend them! I've also dived with Bananarama and Barefoot Divers and like both of them. The value of Subway is if you're on a cruise ship, they include the transportation cost and it's still the same price for a two-tank as the other two outfits. If you dive with Barefoot, it will cost an additional $20 for a five-minute taxi drive.

We used Subway Watersports last year when we were on a cruise ship, as well. We had a good experience; there was a small group of us on the boat, and the dive master was very good. I was a newly certified diver at the time, and this was only my second time on a boat dive (we only did shore dives during my certification course), but he was great - patient and calming.

The only issue that we did have was with our fellow cruise ship passengers, not Subway Watersports. Apparently a family of snorkelers had also made a reservation with Subway, but they arrived at the meeting point 45 minutes late. This meant that we had to wait for them for 45 minutes, and, in turn, the dive boat at the resort that we were going to dive on had to wait for us, so we felt bad for the divers who were actually staying at the resort. Then, when we returned 45 minutes late from our dive (go figure!), the snorkeling woman yelled at us for being late - ha!

Cheers!
Heather W

Well regarded cruise ship dive-ops, both of the aforementioned- Subway and Bananarama.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom