Roatan Water Temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dukeh20

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're heading to Fantasy Island this weekend for a week. Any info as to latest water temps would be appreciated. I would rather not bring my 3 mil if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance for any responses
Duke

We were at Fantasy last week. The water temps were 83-85 degrees

Hiya Duke!!

I was sitting having lunch today next to a tropical saltwater aquarium. I was daydreaming that I was already in Roatan!

See you and Judy on Saturday!!
:D

Wetsuit? Be sure to take bug spray and strong stuff for the "noseeums"
Was there in January and they ate my wife up on the beach!
Mainly because she put the after bite stuff on instead of the before they bite you stuff! hahahahahahaha She didn't think it was funny....
Enjoy!!!!!

My computer looged temps of about 82-83 F when we went. I took a 3mm fullsuit but wore a skin most of the time.

As someone else mentioned, forget about the water temp. In Roatan, you need to be prepared for the mosquitos and sand flies. No kidding. They are ferocious. Bring insect repellent with DEET. Lots of it. We brought three cans of the stuff for 10 days and it wasn't even close to enough. A can a day for two people is what a lot of people do. Mosquito coils for your room at night are a good idea too.

Hey, the diving is fantastic though!

The amount needed depends on if they like you. I ended up woth 10-12 bites, the strange thing is most were on my back and I had a shirt on when I was getting them ( on the way to dinner) My husaband got maybe two. I saw others with them all over their legs and arms.

Are the noseeum's around right now???

Back
Top Bottom