Rob Davie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I found this from another board I frequent. Evidently Rob Davie (BigJetDriver on this board) passed this weekend in the Red Sea. I know he contributed a lot to this board, he will be missed.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

From Rebreatherboard:

Rob Davie - 25th April 2006, 14:08

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear all,

I have recieved the following email from Robs wife Sherie, could I ask well insist that no specualtion occurs in this thread. I am sure we will found out more in due course from the official report and any witnesses that were on board.

Quote:
I don't know if you've heard or not, but my husband, Rob Davie, died Saturday in a diving accident off the coast of Egypt. All I know so far is that he made 2 dives in the morning and evidentally had problems with his gear (they think taking on water in a deep dive). We know he released his weight belt and ascended very rapidly. I was told, 10 minutes after the divers went down the boat crew found him floating face down. At this point that's all I know and I'm trying to get more information. I will update you as I get more information. Please post on the board for me. Rob died doing what he loved, he was 59.

Sheryl Davie

Yes,
Rob passed away last Saturday diving in the Red Sea as mentioned.
The details are very sketchy at this time. He was an Instructor for the Inspiration rebreather and at the time he was diving his personal unit- I assume.

The last I spoke with him (a week before the trip) he was very excited and getting prepared for the vacation to the Red Sea. Presently, they are trying to get his body back the Texas and the earliest it sounds like is going to be Thursday out of Cairo, Egypt.

This is a very severe blow to those of use that knew Rob and were friends.
His wife is devastated and his family is in shock.

There are two active threads for memorial- one here as mentioned above and one at rebreatherworld.

Please no speculation at this time. Rob was an instructor and really knew his stuff.

Regards, Andrew

last we heard, his family expected his body to arrive from Cairo today.

they are planning a memorial service and will share the date shortly. they've
stated all his "cyber-friends" are welcome.

his wife stated that he will be cremated and his ashes spread over the ocean,
as was his wish.

That is horrible. I didn't know Rob, but my prayers are with his family.

God bless Sheryl Davie and the rest of Rob's family. I've read his posts here on Scubaboard many times, so I feel like I knew him. I'm saddened by this loss.

I am always saddened to hear of a diver's passing, but as his wife said he died doing what he loved. We should all be so "lucky." My condolences to her, his family and friends.

ScubaTexan:
Thanks, everyone, but a pall has kind of been cast upon it because of what happened to Rob, so I feel extremely foolish in celebrating anything now.

Still, I think he would want me to be happy about it, so....I hearby dedicate this 100th dive to you, Rob! May your waters always be crystal clear. God speed, my friend!

:116:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom