Rockport,Ice Situation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The tour boats may be running later this year as well with the weather staying warm. The bylaw was passed last year and the boat ramp is now off limits to divers. Last year in retaliation for us continuing to dive after the bylaw, the owners of the Boathouse Tavern and Inn (the driving force behind the bylaw) stopped allowing diving off thier dock unless you had rented a room from the inn. Not sure if they managed to get over it for this year or not. You may want to call ahead and see what the locals temperment is to save yourself the fuel.

Tx guys. I'll check it out in Nov on the way back from Ivy Lea...A pity that the Boathouse situation has come to that...anywhere else, they would be falling all over themselves for potential food, beverage and room customers...

Unfortunately RBL restaraunt isn't winterized and will shut down once the boats are in for the season. These guys are the ones who put the ladder in so we could legally dive there in the off season without using the boat ramp so we eat there whenever possible. The stinson restraunt on Renolds rd 1 mile north of the 401 makes great soup and the prices are good too.

Artw: thank-you for the clarification on this point. I have had only good experiences with RBL in the past myself and hope that all divers can maintained good rapport with those that can contribute to our enjoyment of the sport...

Rockport Update - As it stands now last cruise from RBL will be November 3
Most cruises end Saturday Oct 29 with the Halloween cruise.
I have to correct one earlier post.
The ladder at the corner of the RBL dock and custom's dock was not installed for divers. It is an emergency extracation ladder should someone fall off RBL's dock, enabling the rescuer to get this wet person out without dragging them all the way to the ramp. Should divers use this ladder please respect the RBL property and only do so when there is not RBL boat traffic. This year with the new fencing that has been been put up around the customs dock it may be a little harder to get to this enter and exit point.

Mike Ryan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom