Rockport: Now a better place to NOT dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeffG:
LOL...I hate to admit it...but I always thought FreeFloat was a guy until 4 days ago (a post on www.mossmanscubaventures.com forum clued me in)

Sorry...FreeFloat...no insult intended....but at least I'm not the only one....hmmmmm...It seems to be Albertans having this problem....I'm not sure what that means.....

Jeff, can't say what it means for you, but to me I think it means I have to get out to Ontario and the great lakes to meet with and dive with more of the people on this board.

glbirch:
Jeff, can't say what it means for you, but to me I think it means I have to get out to Ontario and the great lakes to meet with and dive with more of the people on this board.
That could be very true.....I'm sitting on some WestJet passes...and I might just have to do just that.

JeffG:
That could be very true.....I'm sitting on some WestJet passes...and I might just have to do just that.

Sounds like a good idea. I've got all these Airmiles to burn off before Air Canada takes the big plunge.

yesterday i went there to pay the $10 and was told i couldn't dive there. Owell, back to the marine museum.

eric

Any sign of the boatramp No Diving Sign with Bylaw # and fine amount Eric said would be there a couple weeks back?

The before mentioned township meeting is only 8 days away. I really hope that compromise that was spoke of in the other thread takes place, if not there may be no more diving here at all now.

D33, what did he say happened last week? I was there the week before and spoke to Eric, paid him, and alll seemed fine? Eventhough I think all the stuff about the boatramp diving is BS I always found it worthwhile to pay the $10 for the use of the toilet and the ease of getting in at his dock.

DPV

Yseterday the waitress in the tavern said no diving as of monday, not sure if the season is over or what, there was also no sign on the boat ramp.

Eric of The Boathouse is away. Last week the township made his father Burt take the ramp "No Diving" down. This really p_issed him off, as well he is getting tonnes of hate mail to their email address. So Burt just got fed up and said no diving. We dove from the ramp twice this weekend, parking was the only issue. RBL was a little busy and did not want our vehicles there. The side of the road opposite The Boathouse where there is public parking will be torn up very shortly. There was an oil leak at a house up the road and now they have to dig up the entire length of sewer pipe from that house to the lake. MR

So the Sign has come down. A great Victory for divers! Kind of like the Berlin wall, but smaller. I am sure that if the township made him take the sign down then they probably won't bann diving from the ramp. BUT, lets remember 3 things:

1 - RBL owns the parking lot and we must respect their customers and their property. (ie, leave no used Condom Caths) and let their customers park first. If all the public parking is taken, don't park on someones front lawn. (I saw this cause some problems in Morrisburg)

2 - Like James P said before Boat traffic here is heavy in the summer. If divers are stopping tour boat flow and messing that up, consider diving here done. Tour boats bring way more $$ than divers. Use due caution and it is probably best to stay clear of this place from June - September.

3 - If RBL ever wants to charge a fee to park on their land, use their hot water, and use their washrooms it is their right.

I guess the big thing is this: Great, we can dive there, BUT lets not screw it up.

DPV

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom