Rodale's latest mask review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The first time I tried a clear skirted mask I thought I was in love. Then the second time I used it the sun was shining :O
I took the mask back to the store the same day. The light through the skirt caused so many shadows and shimmers it was impossible to see clearly. I just wish I had followed the advice I got on Scuba board before I bought the clear-skirted mask. :)

I repent!

detroit diver:
I'll bet ad revenues for Apeks (or their parent company) when up in the year that they received Tester's Choice!!
The July issue reviewed "15 new regs" and none of the testers choice winners has any ads in that issue. Not for regulators or anything else. Kinda throws a wrench into the whole argument. I hate it when that happens. :eyebrow:

I think Rodale's is a lot more honest than people give them credit for.

Whether they're intelligent is another matter entirely.

stsomewhere:
Ya know, I'm still pretty new here. Is this supposed to be blindly repeated or does anyone every question if its actually true?

Like ANY other review of products by any magazine in ANY industry, these comments will always come out.

Rondale discusses HOW the review was done, provides justification to WHY they rate a paticular product as they do, rate MANY subjective area's, and they assign a score to each specific area. They also say up front that fit is the biggest factor.

They include the companies who did NOT provide masks to them for review so one can potentially understand why a mask of interest was not listed.

IMO they do a pretty darn good job of objectively providing review and ratings on products. Those that blindly just say the same lame thing about every review are bigger lemmings than those who blindly just go out and purchase the #1 rated product in a review.

Ron

Black Skirts look cooler too. Cressi wasn't representd in the test but The Cressi Big Eye's in an amazing mask however now that the Cressi Matrix comes in all black with a black skirt. I'm done. That mask is simply awesome and it won't make you look like a tired kid in a Margaret Keane painting. :)

http://www.keane-eyes.com/

It matters. Rule 6

I started this thread and thought I was asking a simple question. :06:
For those who warned me about using only a review of masks to decide on my purchase thanks. I however am not that stupid. I like to gather all the information I can before making a choice. How did the Rodales review help me???? I will tell you. I found another review of masks and compared it to Rodales. I compared the comments, both pro and con, in both reviews and decided to try on a half dozen of the styles that both reviews were high on. I found five of the masks and I liked the fit and feel of two of them. I was ready to make my purchase but I was curious about mask number six so I made a few phone calls and found it in a shop on the other side of town. As you have probably guessed by now mask number six was the one I chose. If it was not for my research I would have settled for one of the other masks and never known the difference. I don't think it is relevant which mask I finally bought and I don't want to start another argument. It has already been pointed out that a mask is a very personal choice but not seeking all information before making a purchase is ignorant.

Thanks
Doug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom