Rolex Sea-Dweller!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[font=바탕]If we evaluate Rolex in the terms of function and accuracy, Rolex is not your choice at all. But, there is more function and accuracy when we consider buying Rolex. IMHO, Lexus is much reliable car than bimmer, Mercedes Benz or Jaguar, but many people put more values on bimmer, Mercedes Benz or Jaguar. In the same context, Rolex has much higher preference.[/font]
[font=바탕][/font]
[font=바탕]Do you think why there are a lot of fake Rolex in the market compared to any other brands? The value of Rolex is beyond the watch in itself.[/font]
[font=바탕] [/font]

[font=바탕]You can have almost any brands watches in the gray market that has no the serial numbers except Rolex. All Rolex you can find on the internet is only a fake or used one. That is another difference in Rolex.[/font]

[font=바탕] [/font]

[font=바탕]So, guess what who is the main supplier of fake Rolex?[/font]

[font=바탕] [/font]

[font=바탕] [/font]

[font=바탕] [/font]

[font=바탕] [/font]

[font=바탕] [/font]

[font=바탕] [/font]

[font=바탕]Answer is Hong-Kong.[/font]

One point often overlooked about Rolex (and any other self-winding watch) is that the self winding mechanism is just a little weight spinning around in there. High mileage runners (50-60 miles per week for 35 years) will beat up the action of any self winding watch, and the constant wear on the SS bracelet will eventually wear through the links. Lost my first Rolex in the Gulf of Thailand, scoured the bottom (65-80 fsw) for four tanks before I gave up. Bought another, this time the link failed on a run (after 15 years of daily wear and tear- the locking clasp bracelet) but I heard it hit the ground and just bought another new bracelet (ouch- $450 for a watch band.) The longer you run with it, the worse it keeps time (my 'new' one now loses five minutes a month - just re-set it every two weeks...)

I now wear a $20 Timex for running - and the Rolex at all other times...

chris3536:
Anyone know any good excuses I can tell my wife so I can buy a Rolex?

I'm buying it so that when our kid turns 21 he can have it. (My son is not going to get my Explorer II, :wink: )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom