Roll call - Cayman Brac -Shore diving anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vincent54 or Montana Tom, have either of you ever dived Atlantis near Radar Reef? Is it available as a shore dive or only a boat dive?

Is Atlantis worth diving? It looks like it might be a good site for some underwater photographs but is there much sea life around? Thanks!

Atlantis Cayman Brac

Never heard of it??...What's the depth??..........tia.......

Atlantis is totally accessible from shore. if memory serves me use the ramp at Radar and swim northwest.
Every dive is worth it!!!! 50 to 60 feet and will always have turtles , rays, nurse sharks and grouper...the usual suspects cheers

Never heard of it??...What's the depth??..........tia.......

Atlantis is an underwater sculpture garden created by a local, eccentric artist who calls himself Foots. He is trying to recreate his vision of the lost City of Atlantis. Interestingly, some of Cayman's most notable citizens, including Bob Soto, were the models for some of his statues. You can see pics at the link below and elsewhere on the web.

It is quite far north and we usually stay at Cayman Brac Reef Resort and we have never gotten up there. I was just wondering if it was worth it or just another hokey tourist site.

When we were in Cairo we went to see the pyramids light show at night and it was the hokiest thing I have ever seen (on a very large scale!) so I was wondering about Atlantis. I have also seen the "dog jump" at the Wisconsin Dells and "Ruby Falls" in Tennessee - so I guess I'm just a sucker, but why change things now?!

Atlantis Cayman Brac

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom