Roll Call - Nikonos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own two Nikonos II cameras, a Subatec 17mm lense, an extension tube set and Oceanic 2000 flash and a L-86 light meter. I bought the wide angle recently and am considering building a slave strobe to provide better flash coverage.
Diver371, in general get as close as practical to your subject. Doing that cuts down on the amount of crud in the water between the camera and the subject resulting in sharper pictures. Get that flash. The deeper you go the more color/light is absorbed. You will also be able to use a higher numbered f-stop and increase your depth of field. The most important thing though is to get wet and shoot as much film as is practical. Just like using your scuba unit the more you use and become familiar with it, the better your results will become. With practice you'll be able to make adjustments without alot of fumbling and get shots that are often missed. Good luck

Jim

III and V's, with all the usual trimmings.

*sigh* I guess Chris does win.

All the best, James

BTW, Chris, I'm stuck in KUL for a month. Any recomendations for diving over here? The locals are telling me the monsoon has come to the east coast, and is not worth diving.

All the best, James

Sold my Nik V a few years ago. I had a 20mm lens but often was able to borrow a 15- what a beast! Sharp, sharp, sharp.

I got a deal on an Aquatica 80 housing. Let me tell you, I love reflex viewing. I do miss the portability of the Nikonos.

I have received just this Christmas a Nikonos V with (2) 35mm, a 28mm and a 15mm lenses, two SB-105s, a smaller Ikelite strobe that I don't remember, various extention tubes, a close up kit, a wide angle converter, various viewfinders, frames, trays etc. My boss gave it to me. She RULES!
Expect to see horrible stuff from me in the near future. I have many questions.

kev

by chance did you get that kit off ebay or the guy that offerred a nik 5 rig here on the for sale boards.

Tooth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom