Rolock 90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone ever got the spec for the outer o-ring preinstalled in the suit cuff-side interface ring?

Not asking about the 70mm x 3mm o-ring used for the blue or red ring inserted as part of a glove install, just specifically the other o-ring in the end of the cuff-side interface ring.

When I first got the Rolock 90 kit and installed it, my spidey senses (FWIW) kept telling me there had to be something preventing water ingress between the two interfaces - the suit side and glove side rings. Then I found the undocumented o-ring in the end of the cuff-side.

Odd that Rolock does not clarify that this o-ring exists or what it's replacement part spec is. Or did I miss something?

Thanks.

Has anyone ever got the spec for the outer o-ring preinstalled in the suit cuff-side interface ring?

Not asking about the 70mm x 3mm o-ring used for the blue or red ring inserted as part of a glove install, just specifically the other o-ring in the end of the cuff-side interface ring.

When I first got the Rolock 90 kit and installed it, my spidey senses (FWIW) kept telling me there had to be something preventing water ingress between the two interfaces - the suit side and glove side rings. Then I found the undocumented o-ring in the end of the cuff-side.

Odd that Rolock does not clarify that this o-ring exists or what it's replacement part spec is. Or did I miss something?

Thanks.
I've been searching around too and haven't found any confirmation either. Tagging along in case someone can confirm. To me, looks like a 103mm ID slot, but I haven't picked it or attempted to replace it. I'm curious why it stays in the slot in so well, but not quite curious enough to pull the ring out before diving them even once.

You think they are designed to be stretched quite a bit as they are seated in the slot? The slot is 103mm mm ID, and the closest o-rings in the "care and maintain" section on the site are O-rings for bayonet lock (from 2006) – Rolock at 96mm. I was working off the assumption that those were maybe for their Rolock1/2/3 rings and had nothing to do with Rolock90 rings that have only been out a few years.

Edit - that must be the case - Here's replacement rings specifically calling out their application for Rolock90:
and here's a site claiming that the same o rings work for post 2006 rings, including rolock 90

You think they are designed to be stretched quite a bit as they are seated in the slot? The slot is 103mm mm ID, and the closest o-rings in the "care and maintain" section on the site are O-rings for bayonet lock (from 2006) – Rolock at 96mm. I was working off the assumption that those were maybe for their Rolock1/2/3 rings and had nothing to do with Rolock90 rings that have only been out a few years.
There is another thread on this with a link to McMaster or someone for what should be the correct size, I haven’t had to mess with mine and I’ve been using them quite a while, two or three years, I can only assume that if you order them from them and say it’s for the RoLock 90 they will send the right size.

Thanks.
Quoting my OP question just for clarity with an answer found in this other thread... Rolock 90 o-rings

Seems to confirm they are 96mm x 2.5mm o-rings. Can compare to these...

FWIW, I ordered 5 of both types of o-rings (for cuff end and glove uses) from the following supplier, for a total of $10.60 shipped.

Things never leak until they do. Then you look and don't have the parts in your save-a-dive kit. Then cry.

At least until I get really used to these rings, added some visual cues that I can actually see in low light/viz conditions... not just in the water but also when kitting up night diving.

Alignment of my "locked" dots is directly across from the suit seam and aligns with my middle finger per the Rolock installation guide.

1712677164381.png

At least until I get really used to these rings, added some visual cues that I can actually see in low light/viz conditions... not just in the water but also when kitting up night diving...

View attachment 835814
You'll just spin each wrist (right to right, left to left) until it clicks in. Then spin it the opposite way. I don't even look at them.

Also, I don't usually close mine all the way. Probably like 80-90%. Never had an issue.

At least until I get really used to these rings, added some visual cues that I can actually see in low light/viz conditions... not just in the water but also when kitting up night diving...

View attachment 835814
I mark mine, it can help you to know if they are on all the way, although they don’t have to be all the way to seal.

You'll just spin each wrist (right to right, left to left) until it clicks in. Then spin it the opposite way. I don't even look at them.

Also, I don't usually close mine all the way. Probably like 80-90%. Never had an issue.
Hmm, the video has it going the other way. I guess it depends on how the suit side rings are mounted.

Edit. I see now. The initial move is R to R, L to L.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom