Rolock 90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is the sealing ring position an issue when shore diving in sandy areas?

What do you lube the rings with?
I just leave the gloves on until I have the suit on and ready to put my arms in the sleeve.

I'll have to get a set soon. I just ordered a custom flex extreme with all the fixings so my dive budget is a little on the empty plus Christmas is right around the corner.

Can you take a few pictures of the suit side when you get a chance? I don't see any on the previous page.

I was also thinking, what happens if you load the glove in the wrong spot, or maybe not perfect to the way your hand and the ring sit. Can you spin it to get it to go where you want?
I haven’t tried spinning the glove in the ring, just mount it with the lock index in the middle before pushing it all the way in.
Suit side, a little dirt from the shop floor as I was turning the legs inside out to dry. They come with some really good silicone grease, I just used regular silicone grease. I use a paper towel to wipe the lock grooves and put a small amount of new grease on the leading edge once the suit is dry.
C6541E59-8DFD-4906-9CF7-171EC92E5EA1.jpeg

Partially on for transport
3397BDC5-5064-4FE0-AAEE-115FEE4BC5E4.jpeg

6EBE9399-BB81-4972-9908-5C89FEB16184.jpeg

I haven’t tried spinning the glove in the ring, just mount it with the lock index in the middle before pushing it all the way in.
Suit side, a little dirt from the shop floor as I was turning the legs inside out to dry. They come with some really good silicone grease, I just used regular silicone grease. I use a paper towel to wipe the lock grooves and put a small amount of new grease on the leading edge once the suit is dry.
View attachment 626100
Partially on for transport
View attachment 626101
View attachment 626102

Thanks, looks awesome. If I didn't already have the Ultimas I would totally give these a shot.

It'll be interesting to see how they hold up. I ripped a seal in my Ultimas and haven't replaced them, so have been diving sealess with zero issues for the last couple months. These seem like they would hold up just as solid I would imagine.

I'd say definitely less bulk.

Edit: although I'm using both protective rubber covers that came with the ultimas to cover up my maybe not so professional glue job:) Still there's a hard plastic ring on the Ultimas that sticks out that yours doesn't seem to have...just nice and flat.

Attachments

• 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 151
  • 20200329_115359.jpg
    20200329_115359.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 160
Here it is;

Attachments

• 20200328_152205.jpg
    20200328_152205.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 147
That ring helps get them off, for me at least.

I agree, I use it to push my thumb off of while my other 2 fingers split it apart. In the beginning they were a little bit of a pain, but now it's just 2nd nature.

Any chance of the sealing o-ring in the face of the cuff side ring falling out if diving without the glove side attached?

I guess I will find out in a day or so when my setup arrives, but thought I would ask in the interim.

-Z

Any chance of the sealing o-ring in the face of the cuff side ring falling out if diving without the glove side attached?

I guess I will find out in a day or so when my setup arrives, but thought I would ask in the interim.

-Z
No idea, it’s in there pretty good and I will likely never dive in a drysuit without dry gloves so it’s not something I will ever know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom