romantic get away and lots of diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Highly recommend the helicopter ride from the airport. I think it was $75.00 pp and well worth it.

We were married in Grand Cayman and stayed at Cobalt Coast Resort (new & small) which is on the North Wall (awesome diving) and off the beaten path but only 15 minutes to all the shopping of seven mile beach. You can walk for miles along the shore line and not see a sole. You would really enjoy their 1st class suites. We would recommend suites 11 or 20 because of the private balcony. The hotel and dive shop staff go out of their way to make your stay special. Try out their deserted beach adventure and the list goes on. Talk with Nancy at the dive shop, she booked our romanic week of adventure.

The diving at Brac Reef Beach Resort and Little Cayman Beach Resort is the very definition of pampered. You rarely touch your gear after the first day, and the diving is to die for. Not much in the way of shore diving unless you want to rent a car, but with 2-3 dives a day plus 1 or more night dives included in most packages, there is very little need to do shore dives unless you just really want to. My wife and I went to Divi Tiara on Brac for our honeymoon as brand new divers, and it totally spoiled us for good. We went to Brac Reef in 2001 and are going to Little Cayman BR this September. We have also been to Roatan (twice), Belize, and Cozumel, and Brac/LC is still the faraway leader in best diving we have experienced.

Although I haven't been there yet (we leave in 5 weeks), but I'd second Bonaire. From everything I've been told, it's diving heaven, very laid back, very relaxing, and I think it is very romantic as well. We will be staying at the Deep Blue View - a small 4 room B&B on the top of a hill with a 180 view of the ocean. They do honeymoon packages as well. Check out the website ... http://www.deepblueview.com/ One look and I was hooked!

To all those who like St. Lucia, check out a resort called Ladera. It is truely spectacular. Even if you only go there for dinner.

Diver Kat - looks like we'll be down there around the same time as you! We almost picked The Deep Blue View, but my non-diving in-laws are joining us for a few days so we got a 1 bedroom convertible to 2 bedroom suite at the Bellafonte. PM me if you'd like to discuss trip plan details etc. - the Triggerfish room looked awesome!

Back
Top Bottom