Rough conditions today down south: dive boat sank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turns out it wasn't as far south as I thought it was based on Marg's original post & I was thinking about the southernmost area.
Yeah, we had, by that point, made our way back up and did our last dive at La Francesca. First two were Cathedral and Palancar Bricks.

So what dive operator is it? Is it written here somewhere in lemon juice or is it a big secret?

Reports are that it was not a dive operation - and this boat does not belong to a dive operation. In fact, I have never seen that boat. Word is that it was an individual divemaster - not a business - who had taken some people out diving. It was not a 50 foot boat, it was more like a very small panga.

I have not personally confirmed this information, but this is the "word on the street" since some believe that we keep everything quiet around here :) I can say with 95% certainty that it was not one of the reputable or even legitimate dive shops.

I am just grateful that everyone is ok. I believe most (not all) of the equipment was recovered as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom