Routing hose from Swivel question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a link to a good description of four different approaches to hose routing...the "classic" alternate reg donate configuration and three primary reg donate configurations, each with routing starting under the right arm, differentiated by the primary reg's hose length: 40 inches without neck loop, 5 feet with neck loop, and 7 feet with neck loop.

Keeping Your Hose in Line - International Training - SDI | TDI | ERDI | PFI

I use the 40 inch primary reg donate configuration described in the link but with a 44 inch rubber primary reg hose (Piranha Dive Mfg) attached to the primary reg with an Omniswivel.

I would prefer to have the primary hose on a 5th port on the bottom of my Apeks FSR 1st stage but my FSR is too old to be compatible with the 5th port upgrade. Regardless, it works fine with the necklaced alternate reg on a 22" hose on the right-side LP port closest to my back and the primary reg hose on the right-side LP port furthest from my back. YMMV.
I preferred using front port for 22 and back port for 40, to me it looked cleaner.

I preferred using front port for 22 and back port for 40, to me it looked cleaner.
Thanks. I think I will stick with 40” primary. Good points from all.
Now does first stage set up make sense? I have primary coming out the bottom of the swivel?

Attachments

• IMG_4403.jpeg
    IMG_4403.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 65
Regardless, it works fine with the necklaced alternate reg on a 22" hose on the right-side LP port closest to my back and the primary reg hose on the right-side LP port furthest from my back.
That's what I intended to convey...sorry for the confusion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom