RP is center of marine biodiversity in the world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Babydamulag:
We paid our fair share last tax year (Philippines and US). Finese my puwit. Bring the money! We have lots to fix here at home!!
build it and they will come... not the other way around...

if we wait for foreign $$$ to build the infrastructures needed then we won't get the foreign $$$ because we don't have infrastructure.

if the culasisi local gov fixes up and markets and all that you can be the next bora...

Jag

paolov:
.... it just takes that long for the bureacracies here to publicise those things...

yeah it takes a while before the media looks in to it... but at least we get publicity over and over again...

wow philippines! :D

On the “flip” side the Philippines also leads the world in dynamite fishing, aquarium fish, sea shell and coral collecting. But you cannot really blame the poor fishermen who are just trying to feed their families, the hungry appetites of their Asian neighbors and the rest of the world.

f3nikon:
On the “flip” side the Philippines also leads the world in dynamite fishing, aquarium fish, sea shell and coral collecting. But you cannot really blame the poor fishermen who are just trying to feed their families, the hungry appetites of their Asian neighbors and the rest of the world.

yep, poverty is the problem and poverty in the Philippines is caused by overpopulation. Too many people to little resources aggravated by the concentration of people in certain specific areas.

These posts are quite amusing considering the BIR's pathetic track record of collecting taxes...

Well, I'll tell you what....they know our TIN really well. THey keep coming back for more....doggoneit! Just keep them foreigners coming. We need to do a better job of marketing the Philippines anyway. The bad press we get with the militant factions of militias, and corruption steer tourists to other vacation spots. The Koreans are selling the Philippines hard (TV advertisements, etc.). As long as they spend their won and leave that's cool......we all agree, despite the challenges we live in PARADISE!!!

paolov:
c'mon guys, that report has been posted by our Marine institute guys since lanst year !

TomDVh and Chip and Iris i think posted the report in a sectin here somewhere.... it just takes that long for the bureacracies here to publicise those things...

But I don't mind it coming up every now and then. :D Great publicity. I think this should be an annual reminder. :D

Actually, a couple of researchers in Indonesia are disputing this and have results that show that indonesia is the center of marine biodiversity. The thing about this research is that the more survey data you collect, the better the odds are in your favour. Once they publish I am curious to see how they came up with their results.

Axua:
yep, poverty is the problem and poverty in the Philippines is caused by overpopulation. Too many people to little resources aggravated by the concentration of people in certain specific areas.

the foregoing is a social issue :D not a political one

disagree : POOR GOVERNANCE is the problem

the philippines has vast resources however it is not distributed well.

poverty is caused by GREED . taxes are diverted , economies monopolized. these are the cause of poverty. as long as the population are stupid those with money may get elected as the stupid person onlyhas to think of the money at that point in time hence they keep the populace stupid.

fix the educational system well and you get better informed people who will think before they vote.

Back
Top Bottom