Rubber sheet for diaphragm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emoreira

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Some time ago I've seen a thread where there was a link to a famous hardware store that sells a rubber sheet to cut 1st stage diaphragm.
I can't find it.
If any one has the link or the specs, I would appreciatte.

Thanks.

I have used different things...

Tire tube rubber,
Silicon kitchen mat.
Lay flat hose kinda like firehose...

McMaster Carr? They sell tons of industrial do-dads and looks like they have rubber sheeting. Not familiar with the post, though.

EPDM is what you seek.
I make my own from this...
How do you cut it? It seems to me a proper stamp/punch cutter thing would be needed to get a clean, circular cut.

The Apeks diaphragm appears to be ~40mm (the batteries in my digital caliper gauge are dead).

IMG_20220303_102405196_HDR.jpg

I would probably would use a 40mm hole punch tool

I actually started a similar thread a few years ago but never followed up.

Basically I'd like to do the same thing for the clear hydrostatic diagram. I buy all my Apeks o-rings, HP seats in bulk so the only things I don't really have to make my own kits are the diaphragms.

This thread reminded me I should get back on researching this..

This is the diaphragm I need to replace :
IMG_8957.JPG

It's from a Mares MR12ST
It's hard like a plastic sheet. I guess it's there since 10 or more years.

Dumb question..... why is there a hard "rule" that one must change the diaphragm every service? They look pretty brand new to me... just curious what you all think about that?

Back
Top Bottom