Rule of 120 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The PADI Wheel allows you to plan a multi-level dive. It has a few rules that have to be followed like the deepest depth comes first and the next depth has to be so many feet shallower etc. but it will allow a profiel with three separate depths. It is also fairly widely used, is agency approved, is based on doppler limits and generally considered safe. You can't say that about the 120 rule.

I'd either get a Wheel, get a computer or stick with square profiles.

Blue Space once bubbled...

Hmmm....This should be interesting

I doubt it.

I bet is that people who know anything about this will keep quiet and the people who don't will just mouth off about why it doesn't work.

Cornfed

My Dearest Walter,

You are correct in that I made a typo and I meant to say 1/4 and 3/4. Thank you for POINTING that out.

The reason for the post is that I am having frustrations with memorizing the entire dive table. Therefore it is beneficial to know that using the Rule of 120 is a good general use and is safe without having to memorize the entire table and it is very much the same (at 60 - 90) as the Padi tables with the exception at the bottom of the table. I believe this is because the table goes to 140 ft.

I guess the answer to my question about the mathematical compensation is not known. But, thanks. I appreciate your time. R

cornfed once bubbled...
I doubt it.

I bet is that people who know anything about this will keep quiet and the people who don't will just mouth off about why it doesn't work.

Cornfed

Ya good point.......

Walter once bubbled...
While it is possible to use tables for multilevel dives, I do not know of any organization that recommends doing so. If you are interested in multilevel diving, you should get a computer.

GUE teaches it.

Mike,

"GUE teaches it."

Interesting. In that case anyone wishing to learn it should go to GUE. I know YMCA standards forbid me from teaching it. It's been many years since I was able to teach that skill.

Raven,

Anything to help, darlin'. What is important is your ability to think and calculate, typing isn't important. Ask yourself how well you'll do at depth when your IQ is lowered due to narcosis. If you believe you'll do well, check out GUE for instruction in this area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom