Rules about touching the marine life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeanQ:
I think I see a bubble at the top of your hood. Surely that couldn't have been from you? I heard camels don't need to breathe while underwater.
We breath... just not often... we can go a long way between breaths. :D

BTW... that is hovering without the tank touching the bottom. If I were to sleep directly on the bottom the Sunflower Stars would be all over me in an instant! And they don't come to clean like the shrimp ... they come to dine!

In all seriousness... I personally don't see a problem with divers interacting with critters underwater as long as it is safe for both diver and critter.
I don't enjoy tormenting critters either above or below but do enjoy socializing with them.

I know there are those who disagree with that position and I respect your ideals up to the point it interfers with my ideals. Therefore I won't try to pass any legislation that compels you to handle the marine life. :D (Sorry, I ran out of serious gravity and had to revert to my normal way of posting.)

Uncle Pug:
In all seriousness... I personally don't see a problem with divers interacting with critters underwater as long as it is safe for both diver and critter. I don't enjoy tormenting critters either above or below but do enjoy socializing with them.

Voice of REason indeed!!!

Uncle Pug:
We breath... just not often... we can go a long way between breaths. :D

No kidding ... I think Uncle Pug could manage a 60 minute dive breathing an empty soda can thru a straw ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

LeFlaneur:
But would you harass a wrasse?

oy yes...

but would you mark a shark?

Both of you! Go to your rooms! :whack:

Reminds me of the old rugby song "Beastiality's Best Boys"
With such memorable lines as...well this is a familly board

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom