Rules For Entering Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac once bubbled...
Great post, thanks for the heads up, I'll be coming through Houston in June.

p.s. There still is a difference between Louisiana and Texas, I know, I lived at Ft. Polk for a bit.
The food in Louisiana is truly unique and delicious.
The one thing Texas needs to do is start stopping a whole lot of illegals from coming through!

Caymanaic

Be sure to stop and say hi to the TSDT

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
What in the world is a Texan doing with a Glock?????

Well.... I can't speak for any other Texan, but this one uses a Glock as a CCW.

(Concealed Carry Weapon in case you just had to know.)

Great Post!!!! Gonna have to get down that way one day. On the gun part we will have to agree to disagree.

Cherry

When traveling on the beltway.....when you see where you want to go.....it is too late to get off on that exit.
What is with all the frontage roads. I spent the best of two days doing loop backs.
Another thing. Do you guys export all the good beef? I could not get a good steak down there.
What the hell is a chicken steak?

Don't forget to travel a little south of Houston to Galveston and Galveston Island for an encounter of the fourth kind. They had these big old prehistoric looking birds that carried off one of my friends. Good thing he had the presents to throw us the car keys. When we reported the incident to the authorities, the Department of Public Safety told us they were Skeeters.

OK...in real life we were attacked by man eating Sea Gulls on the ferry. One actually got me and drew blood.

This applies to Arkansas, Lousiana and Texas.

Don't get uppity about your $70,000.00 BMW. We've got 1/2 million dollar combines and we only drive them two weeks out of the year.

Dectek once bubbled...
When traveling on the beltway.....when you see where you want to go.....it is too late to get off on that exit.
What is with all the frontage roads. I spent the best of two days doing loop backs.
It's one way we keep the tourists out of our hair. WE know what exits to take and with the tourists doing loop de-loops around the intersections, we can freely spot and avoid them.

Another thing. Do you guys export all the good beef? I could not get a good steak down there. What the hell is a chicken steak?
That's chicken fried steak. A tender piece of round steak, double dip battered and fried like a piece of fried chicken. A staple of a Texans diet...learn to like it. If you couldn't find a good steak, you were eating in the tourist joints that probably had names like Saltgrass Trail, Outback, Streak and Ale steak houses. You need to be in places like Roosters, Sam's Place, or better yet Beast's backyard.

Don't forget to travel a little south of Houston to Galveston and Galveston Island for an encounter of the fourth kind. They had these big old prehistoric looking birds that carried off one of my friends. Good thing he had the presents to throw us the car keys. When we reported the incident to the authorities, the Department of Public Safety told us they were Skeeters.
OK...in real life we were attacked by man eating Sea Gulls on the ferry. One actually got me and drew blood.

You'll find mosquitos like that for the first 200 miles inland. What do you think we use the Glocks for?

Dee once bubbled...
You'll find mosquitos like that for the first 200 miles inland. What do you think we use the Glocks for?

We've got mosquitoes that would pick up Crocodile Dundee and drop him into the bloody Gulf...:wink:

Dectek once bubbled...

Where do you think Hitchcock got the idea for "The Birds"?? :eek:

Years ago we were driving in the Dallas area on the state routes. Whenever we would come up behind someone going slower than we were they would move over and drive on the shoulder so we could pass. How polite! Naturally they always waved and we waved back.

My take on getting lost in Texas:
We were 18 and on spring break from high school in Ohio. My friend and I were terribly lost and unable to find her aunts house. We saw some people outside a house in the middle of a field so we pulled up and a nice gentleman with a pair of Wranglers and a championship buckle came to the car. We explained our situation and he was able to get us pointed in the right direction. GOD BLESS TEXAS!
Ber :bunny:

I was stationed in Texas when I was younger. I still miss it.

People were friendly and respected each other. They helped each other out. Once, my buddy's car broke down when were starting out for a three day pass in Dallas. When the driver saw our luggage (GI issue rucks), he spent his Saturday fixing the car and refused to accept anything more than the price of the parts.

BTW, I thought that it was BANG, BANG... BANG. That's two in the chest and one through the bridge of the nose, followed by a hot reload and scan for its buddies.

Personally, I still like the S&W 4006 for primary CCW and the S&W 3913 for my redundant backup. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom