Rules for the Scuba board Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, I rode my bike last night, this morning, and this evening. I'm giving up soda (unless it's an emergency). Water is the key to my success. My goal is to have a glass of water on my desk at all times and to never let it become empty. I'm not any good at cooking, so giving up McDonalds just too much to ask. Instead, I'm going to try to reduce my consumption by 50%.

I'm 224 pounds tonight.

Chris

Awesome Chris.. If you have to eat MickyD's do they have a grilled chicken thing?
Much better then a Big Mac. Wait, they have salads now, right?

There is now 49 or 50 of us. I figure on average if we each weigh 200lbs..(give or take) we weigh 10,000 pounds total.

Wow! Is that right? OK how much can we loose by Friday April 16th? By then all Tuesday and Thursday amounts should be totaled. By the way does anyone want to volunteer as our accountant and keep track of pounds lost each week?
Maybe two people. One for the Tuesday WI's and one for Thursday WIs.

Natasha:
Awesome Chris.. If you have to eat MickyD's do they have a grilled chicken thing?
Much better then a Big Mac. Wait, they have salads now, right?
Yes and they are GOOD!

pretty much the same day as yesterday. it was opening day for the mariners today and i had to drive out to issaquah to drop off some tanks and get my eclipse looked at. got back pretty late, so i just grabbed some more chicken breasts and cooked them up.

200# this morning, 203# just now after dinner.

Amy, you can do it. We are all here to give each other support.

After reading today's postings, I went and did a 23 minute walk. Work and attending an Houston Astros baseball game kept me from getting home till 10PM.

Good Luck to everyone.

Ok... It's a day....

Getting ready to leave for school... will be back about midnight to let you know how it's going.....! :)

On the plus side....

No Dew since Monday Morning.......
Took a walk with the wife and kids up to the park last night...

Downside....

I have another week of this "fight the dew addiction" to get through before it will be any easier.

chickdiver:
A really easy, really quick dinner idea (andwhat I hadfor the last 2 days):

you need:

lean steak or steak tips
red bell pepper
green bell pepper
purple onions
grape tomatoes

How to:

Fire up the grill and get a good set of coals going. Slice the steak into small (2" square) chuncks, season with fresh ground pepper. Slice the peppers and onions into pieces. Using bamboo skewers soaked in water or metal shish kabob skewers, layer meat, peppers, onion and tomato on the skewers. Pop them on the grill and grill to your taste.

Serve with rice pilaf, coucous, or the like.

As a variation, you can wrap little foil packets of the meat, peppers and onions and either cook them on the grill or in the oven.

Another variation with the same stuff is fajitas...

cut the steak into long strips....
julienne (sp?) the peppers and onions....
add mushrooms (I like mushrooms)...

Cook and drain the steak strips in a pan on the stove

with a little olive oil in the same pan, cook up the veggies and toss the steak back in as the onions become translucent.

Makes great low-fat fajitas if you skip the cheese, use a fat free sour cream, and top with tomatoes & lettuce.

Get crazy....add some cut up chicken into the mix.

lamont:
200# this morning, 203# just now after dinner.
Doing this is going to drive you craaazzzzyyy. THe best thing to do is weigh in at the same time every day. First thing in the morning (afer peeing) is usually the best. It is when you are your lightest for comparison. Comparing throughout the day you are going to get frustrated. In addition, I only step on the scale once or twice a week -- on WI and then maybe a spot during the week. Tomorrow I am going to get a digital scale so I don't have to read those little lines :wink:

Yesterday was good. I got extra flex points (which I didn't use) for cleaning the garage, patio furniture, putting together a BBQ grill, cleaning the house..... enough activity forthe day. DInner was FF hotdogs (actually tasted pretty good) Baked Frenchfries and 1/4 cup of BBQ Beans -- Dogs were on diet bread so I didn't waste the extra 2 pointson the rolls.

Today I waill be off to school and packing my entire days worth of points in a bag (except dessert). Off to make my omlet.

Good Luck today for those of you who have already started.

Back
Top Bottom