Rules

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rule 6 was an AG thing so I think it only applies to West Coast DIR.

Possibly. That's another misunderstood rule, since I had it explained to me as not having out-of-place danglies all over the place and looking like a mess and flailing around. It got twisted into this board-flat-at-all-times parody of perfect trim.

Possibly. That's another misunderstood rule, since I had it explained to me as not having out-of-place danglies all over the place and looking like a mess and flailing around. It got twisted into this board-flat-at-all-times parody of perfect trim.
I thought it was a tongue in cheek joke that you don't look cool when you're dead.

Well, so far the thread hasn't gone completely off the rails, yet, and I'm going to need to go to sleep soon...

Just keep in mind:

- strokes refers to "ego stroking" divers. its the intro cave diver boasting about they've been violating their training with their full cave buddies, or the full cave diver boasting about how they can get away with violating thirds. it doesn't mean a newly certified OW diver diving with a snorkel. it doesn't mean everyone who isn't DIR/GUE/UTD-certified.

- there has to be a more productive argument on RBW for the rebreather divers -- even posting in the recreational rebreather thread over there would be better than gunning for a fight over rule #5.

I have to disagree. A "stroke" (cringe) is an unsafe diver. They don't have to be ego driven, or even violating some cave rule. I make a point to not dive with unsafe folks. Lack of team skills, poor equipment choices, or just mindset that doesn't jive with the way I dive will land someone in the "option 1" category.

Naturally, for an OW dive, its tough to land yourself in O1 land. Multi stage deep cave dive? There are only a few folks I'll do that with. Its like a pyramid.

I thought it was a tongue in cheek joke that you don't look cool when you're dead.

The whole thing was more or less tongue in cheek, even GIII's original set. I can't believe people take them so seriously like they came from the Bible or a PADI manual.

It's so difficult to keep your mouth shut in regards to this on a dive boat, especially when you're working on it. People don't care about their rigs, unless they ask you about it.

oh i dont say anything about anyone's gear unless they ask me something.
if I see some neat doo-dad on their rig I'll go strike up a conversation and ask them about it. but I dont really care how anyone else dives.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom