ruptured BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cole53

Registered
Reaction score
I purchased a Mares MRS plus ICON BCD earlier this year. Maybe have 50 dives on it , it now will not hold air.

I finished this trip with a rental BCD.

Is there any hope of getting this repaired economically? There has been no specific " trauma" that i am aware of. Just started venting air out the vent holes at the start of a night dive. The local dive shop had a good look at it felt that it was done.

I don't see anyway of accessing the bladder without undoing the stitching.

The BCD was purchased at the Dive shop in Calgary Alberta.

I would like to believe this is still under warranty and Mares will stand behind it. We're a Mares dealer and have nothing but great things to say about our experiences with them honoring product warranties. That would be my first step in getting your Icon back into service.

Cole,
The Icon BCD comes with a 2 year warranty against any defect, outside of normal wear and tear. If the bladder is leaking, then your shop is correct as it is not repairable and would be replaced. If your dive shop is a Mares dealer, they should send it in for warranty for our service department to evaluate and handle accordingly. Indian Valley Scuba is correct we do stand behind our products and will take care of it, should it be deemed a warranty issue.

Best,

Zak

Back
Top Bottom