Russia captures Orcas for displaying during the Sochi olympic games

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not true in the Japanese case. More than 96% of the population of Japan self-identified as Buddhist in 2009. 83% also self-identified as Shinto (since the two religions are not mutually exclusive).

Having lived there for almost 4 years I can tell you the Japanese are deeply religious and truly devout, just not in the way western Christians would identify as "religious".

Probably about the same ammount of norwegians would be identified as christian, but thats merely a matter of basic social norms. Its not like most or eveb many of us goes to church for much other than weddings and funerals..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Probably about the same ammount of norwegians would be identified as christian, but thats merely a matter of basic social norms. Its not like most or eveb many of us goes to church for much other than weddings and funerals..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Except that there's a Buddhist temple and Shinto shrine every couple of blocks in Japan, and they're always occupied, usually by a large group of people.

When I say that the Japanese identify as Buddhist that means they're PRACTICING Buddhists, not just paying lip service to it. I lived immersed in their society for almost 4 years. They don't fake it.

-Adrian

I do know that this is the reason I will not watch any coverage of the games. Support the US team? forget it. Not if they will not openly protest the BS the Soviets are pulling. And make no mistake that is a Soviet government in power there. From the old KBG prick Putin on down. Screw em and the games.

It'd been more humane to kill the animals and serve them up as burgers...

Don't give Comrade Putin any ideas :wink:

They are hardly endangered anyways.. But then again, giving Putin ideas might MAKE them endangered :p

I do know that this is the reason I will not watch any coverage of the games. Support the US team? forget it. Not if they will not openly protest the BS the Soviets are pulling. And make no mistake that is a Soviet government in power there. From the old KBG prick Putin on down. Screw em and the games.

You are getting quite touchy in your old age aren't you Jim? Not support athletes representing your country because they don't make political statements while participating in sports on a global level? Why not call servicemen murderers when they come home from war while you are at it?

Maybe the Russian hunters discovered the orcas were gay.
Ironically the russian special police badge says OMOH.. which becomes pretty gay in a mirror :D
omoh-300x169.jpg

You are getting quite touchy in your old age aren't you Jim? Not support athletes representing your country because they don't make political statements while participating in sports on a global level? Why not call servicemen murderers when they come home from war while you are at it?

As the father of a US military member that just got.back from his fourth deployment to the mideast I find the comparision between any person going to play a game and maybe risk losing an endorsement deal if they fail and a volunteer member of the armed forces that risks losing their life defending people who often face death for standing up for what is right repehensible. The black athletes who raised their fists on the medal stand years ago were widely criticized for standing up for their convictions. I personally applaud them for standing by their convictions. And the Olympics is hugely about politics and looking good while doing some of the most reprehensible actions against those the host country views as subversives, deviants, etc.. It is the perfect venue for a person of conviction to stand up and say "This is not right. Look at what is happening."
What better opportunity to speak for those who cannot?
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom