RX100 iii now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only one that works is the Inon UWL-H100 don't get the dome it won't work with it. If you do video you may consider the nauticam wetmate it only restores the air field of view but for video 25mm is quite wide already

I got the Mark II and the Ikelite Housing. I also bought a wide angle wet-lens: "INON UWL-H100 28M67 Type2 Wide Conversion Lens" Haven't tested it yet but I can only expect the best!

I did some of my shopping at Mozaik Underwater store and the customer service is excellent! Because I'm a beginner I had a lot of questions and Ran Mor helped me with all of my questions! And when someone is recommending you gear that they don't even sell, you know they're really trying to help you!

Like they said above, see if you can still exchange the mark III for the mark II and save some bucks

What about video? Does the rx100 III not take better video? Thats what I had thought?

You'd made a very good purchasing decision! Enjoy your new toy!

RX100 3 has many video features advanced users want that 2 doesn't:
3-stop ND filter build in
Full sensor readout
XAVC S codec
Zebra
Focus Peaking
Clean HDMI out
24mm equivalent FOV
Less in-camera sharpening
Flatter video profile that captures more details in highlight and shadow areas

Consumers generally prefer out-of-camera videos to have lots of contrast and sharpening - RX100 1&2 videos. Advanced/pro users prefer flatter profiles that capture more dynamic range so that highlights are not blown out and shadow details are not crushed in camera, and less sharpening too - RX100 3 videos.

You'd made a very good purchasing decision! Enjoy your new toy!

RX100 3 has many video features advanced users want that 2 doesn't:
Full sensor readout
XAVC S codec
Zebra
Focus Peaking
Clean HDMI out
24mm equivalent FOV

Consumers generally prefer out-of-camera videos to have lots of contrast and sharpening - RX100 1&2 videos. Advanced/pro users prefer flatter profiles that capture more dynamic range so that highlights are not blown out and shadow details are not crushed in camera, and less sharpening too - RX100 3 videos.

Focus peaking has been a feature since the mark I and sharpening and other settings can be adjusted anyway in fact mark III sharpening is more aggressive than II in default mode but less than I likewise contrast comment not really that relevant

For what concerns the other comments I have yet to see a single video shot with the mark III camera all examples on Vimeo or youtube are mark I or II
When I tested the mark III it had an apparent focus issue and at 24/25p video quality was actually worse
I would like to see a couple of high quality mark III video to see how it performs underwater
I have had the I II and III cameras and the best video I have seen is the AVCHD 25p out of the mark II

Oops, my bad, I meant to write EVF instead of Focus Peaking!

Features new to RX100 3 (corrected list)
Full sensor readout
XAVC S codec
Zebra
Electronic Viewfinder
Clean HDMI out
24mm equivalent FOV

There is no less sharpening and the camera has no concept of video profiles. The electronic viewfinder can't be used underwater. The clean video output is relevant only if you have a housing with a bulkhead for an external recorder that hardware plus housing costs more than the camera and housing

I wonder why you bother writing things on a camera you don't have and even have never tried?

Do you have any links to videos of the mark III instead? I would be interested to see how auto focus works underwater as on land is useless

Last edited:
Has it ever occurred to you that your copy of RX100 3 couldn't autofocus correctly because it was defective; therefore, you shouldn't go around, ordering people to return theirs? The reviews on the RX100 3 have been overwhelmingly positive, you know!

What camera have you got if any? And can you point me to any underwater video with the mark III? Is 3 posts you are avoiding the question. Reporting reviews of others based on land use it is completely irrelevant to this purpose and proves nothing. And thank you I had the camera checked by the shop and compared to others the issues are well known. Now go and get yourself a camera take a video and post a link to it so we can see your hands on expertise

I exchanged for a Rx100 ii... Hope I made the right move. I did choose the Recsea CWS-RX100MK II Housing. It was less expensive and thats how I made sense of it. Now whith all this money I have in my pocket, what wide angle setup do I go with?

Back
Top Bottom