S25 Wing back to front?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
A friend of mine has just bought the new S25 wing. I'm putting it together and the lower dump is on the right hand side. The inflator is also in the right and has to go around the back of your neck over your left shoulder. It looks strange to me. On every wing I've had or seen, bar DSS centre inflator, has been on the opposite side. Can anyone confirm this is as per design, cheers. It looks like it will work.

Cheers for the reply. To be honest the whole thing looks a little kooky. Hopefully Nick will jump in and advise.

My S25 is configured the same as Ouvea's S38, left and left.

Cheers for the reply. Just took it for a dive, the wing looks like a vacuum pack when no air is inside, it completely collapses on its self like its imploded, looks weird.

---------- Post added July 7th, 2013 at 02:48 AM ----------

Mailed DGX, where it was purchased from, as asked them the same question.

---------- Post added July 7th, 2013 at 03:58 AM ----------

Unless I'm missing something or having a brain melt down, the photo on DGX website looks funny too.

Backplate, Harness and Wing Systems (BPW) by Hollis - Dive Gear Express

Last edited:
Photos of wing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 207
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 165
Uh... which side of the wing are you putting against your back? It looks like it should be the side with the attention notice against your back, side without the attention notice against the tank, which then puts the inflate and dump then on your left side as per normal...?

Cheers,
Huw

Uh... which side of the wing are you putting against your back? It looks like it should be the side with the attention notice against your back, side without the attention notice against the tank, which then puts the inflate and dump then on your left side as per normal...?

Cheers,
Huw

G'day Huw, no the attention notice can only go tank side as that's the space for tank and STA. The first photo goes against your back as it's the flat part. So as the first photo shows, the inflator has to route behind head and over left shoulder. I'm almost convinced it's a manufacturing error, but I could be wrong, sometimes am. When comparing to my Oxy wings it looks like it's been made back to front. Cheers.

---------- Post added July 7th, 2013 at 06:07 AM ----------

Maybe I need to roll the wing.

---------- Post added July 7th, 2013 at 06:08 AM ----------

I do find it hard to believe its an error, I must be doing something wrong.

attention notice, with the bladder zippers go on your backplate... the other end goes on the tank...

my HOG wing is the same as well... the wing is good to go

Back
Top Bottom