S25 Wing back to front?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you totally sure... the wing looks like (another) more or less direct copy of the Halcyon Eclipse to me. You are just missing a logo to show you the front...

10-eclipse30.jpg

134735684-frog-bcd-s-30lbs-indigo-wing-only-aan-235.jpg

imagegen.ashx

jt-30.jpg

I could well be mistaken, the flat part of the wing on my Oxys goes against my back with the channel on the opposite side. On this wing the inflator is on the flat part which makes fitting the plate and STA kind of difficult. In my experience the flat side of the wing fits against plate and the STA fits in the channel on the opposite side. I don't have the wing with my, ill get my friend to drop it off tomorrow and have another play. Thanks for taking the time to attach some photos. I have this feeling I'm going to be red in the face tomorrow lol, maybe I've become Oxycheq tunnel visioned. Cheers.

Buddha summer - it looks like you are trying to mount it backwards. The label goes against the plate,with the dump on the side of the diver and the corrugated hose connection away from the diver. I have the same wing and it looks exactly like your picture. I don't use an STA, I use the'roll control' insert that came with the wing.

attention notice, with the bladder zippers go on your backplate... the other end goes on the tank...

my HOG wing is the same as well... the wing is good to go

Ok, I'll try that tomorrow, cheers.

---------- Post added July 7th, 2013 at 07:21 AM ----------

Buddha summer - it looks like you are trying to mount it backwards. The label goes against the plate,with the dump on the side of the diver and the corrugated hose connection away from the diver. I have the same wing and it looks exactly like your picture. I don't use an STA, I use the'roll control' insert that came with the wing.

That channel on the zipper side is quite deep so when I tried to fit it to the plate, also Hollis, it looked funny. On Oxy the flat side is against plate with the zipper and channel on opposite side. Ok, cool, I'm wrong, feel a little stupid. Ill get the wing and plate tomorrow and do as you and others have suggested. Thank you. Cheers.

I see what you are saying. Don't worry about it. Once it is installed, the wing should shape properly around the plate and tank.

I just looked at my kit and I don't feel like the wing is constrained at all. Mine is shaped like you described, but no problems getting it fully inflated.

OK, I had another play, rolled the wing assembled as per previous posts and yes it all works fine. Boy do I feel a little stupid. Thanks to all those who took the time to reply. It's diving time... Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom