Saba January 2017 - Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All good information - thanks everyone! We will definitely utilize the reservation option with Sea Saba and look into the eco presentation. My husband will be very happy to hear a recommendation for a beer and pizza place (which hopefully they still have with it being the Long Haul now) and I am very happy with the menu change because I love lionfish! I'm keeping a running list of the dive site recommendations. We can't wait to get there!

Has anyone done a night dive there? How was it? I have only done a shore entry night dive and I think the rest of my group wants to do a night dive while we're on Saba so the boat entry night dive will be new for us.

Pretty great, have a few albums here:
Caribbean Explorer II Day 5 Night dive | Facebook
Caribbean Explorer II Day 4 Night dive | Facebook
Caribbean Exploreer II Day 3 Night dive | Facebook

I wish I could remember the name of the bioluminescent creature we saw during a night dive but I have never seen anything like it before. Carolina, our guide from Sea Saba, had us all turn off our lights and within minutes they started to appear and they lay a trail of bright red "eggs-like" things that astonished us. The rest of the dive was nice, comfortable and had enough stuff to see. Worth it.

Rob

peeweediver, that sounds amazing! Thank you, BigJimDiver for sharing the pictures. I'm not one who gets too gung-ho about night dives but I'm trying to get myself excited for one in Saba because my husband loves them.

Bizzy B bakery ...GREAT stuff!! And I second Chez Bubbas... and Brigadoon has the greatest desserts you can imagine.
Sea Witch has a great informal vibe..and superb food.

We head out this week! We are so excited. Any last minute tips about can't miss things to do/sites/eats, let me know! Fingers crossed for good travel weather.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom