Sabah in November/December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chewme

Registered
Reaction score
Just wondering if diving in Nov/Dec is out of the question. Resort in P Layang Layang is closed as in their website. Anyone know about Tunku Abdul Rahman Park , P Mantanani & P Tiga ? How is the diving, resorts & price ?

Anyone care to share ?

Thanx.

I will give it a miss if I were you. Wet, bad vis, save your money and goes elsewhere.

Those operators I know stop operation during the monsoon, early February possible and you might run into some whale sharks.

What is the diving like during non-monsoon season ?

Any feedback on the diving, resorts & prices would be a great help !

Thanx

TAR, nothing to shout about, just another training ground with lots of trainees. Not much big stuffs but the reefs is recovering and I hate the fish bombing out there as it sound so near. Further out, it is possible to run into eagle rays and whale sharks but seasonal. If you are good in buoyancy control, they will bring you to some beautiful reefs, very nice and it feel like diving in an aquarium; I had forgotten to breathe from time to time as it was so peaceful down there, maximum depth about 25m. There is an oil rig about 3hrs travel from KK, cost RM$300 per pax, minimum 3pax, heard that it is deep with strong current and big stuffs.

You could stay in KK for diving at TAR and take a boat out daily for about RM$100 for 2 dives and the stay about RM$60 per night. I love to roam the streets at night, therefore did not stay at the island resort which of course cost more. Manukan Resort is very nice.

You got to get to Labuan if you want to dive at P.Tiga, as for P.Mantanani you could stay on the island. Not too sure about the price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom