sabor resort closed for renovations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dougr52

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
we are booked at the sabor, staying in the exclusive section nov 2-7.. i just read on trip advisor it is closed for renovations for 2 months..they are upgrading every one to the aura section.. does anyone have any current info on this ??
is it the sabor main section or the sabor exclusive section that is closed or both ?? for how long ???

Worse than that, La Choza is closed for the same reasons!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

:shocked2:
For how long, do you know?

What I know to be Sabor Exclusive is, according to reports, due to re-open Oct 8. This is also not the timeshare/members section by that name (Sabor Exclusive). Sabor Cozumel is apparently the new name of the hotel section. Currently I understand they have been putting people up in Aura.

In either case, and still by reports, the Sabor Exclusive, Sabor Cozumel along with Regency Club are all having manintenance and renovations done (closure) and should open around the same time.

Given how maintenance and construction schedules go the Oct 8th day probably is not written in stone. But I have hopes that I will not be sent to Aura on Oct 28th. If I do, so be it.

Is Kinta still closed too?

It is open - I had a wonderful dinner there tonight with my divers :)

What I know to be Sabor Exclusive is, according to reports, due to re-open Oct 8. This is also not the timeshare/members section by that name (Sabor Exclusive). Sabor Cozumel is apparently the new name of the hotel section. Currently I understand they have been putting people up in Aura.

In either case, and still by reports, the Sabor Exclusive, Sabor Cozumel along with Regency Club are all having manintenance and renovations done (closure) and should open around the same time.

Given how maintenance and construction schedules go the Oct 8th day probably is not written in stone. But I have hopes that I will not be sent to Aura on Oct 28th. If I do, so be it.

thanks, yes it is now the sabor cozumel, but there are 2 sections, main section which has 2 pools & 3 resturants, & the exclusive section with another pool and the asian resturant, thes is were the pool terrace & sabor islander rooms are located..it is a small area .. i would not like to be confined to this area only... i would love to be moved to aura section!! let me know if you get any more info...

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

OMG not La Choza.........lol. Gotta love La Choza. Try the Wahoo steaks off the menu with garlic sauce. mmmm. Hope your well Dave. Sure wish we could have made it to Coz this year. Hope to see you guys in May.

Back
Top Bottom