Sad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are still questions about Monika that I, for one, would like to see answered. As a cruiser, a diver, and an "appreciater" of the island, I want to know what happened.

I agree. I'm waiting for a toxocology report on the girl found at Tormentos. It could be and I think is likely that she had too much to drink/inhale and fell overboard. Certainly wouldnt be the first time on a cruise ship for that to happen.

All this curiosity seems a bit morbid to me. Not a scuba accident. Let them be.
What fascinates me here is the high degree of information distortion in news media, caused by local police daily revealing new details, which are often contradictory, and by people's appetite for drama that breeds speculations about drug cartels or lesbian affair gone wrong. Here is an article that claims that Mrs Markievitz was actually killed Royal Caribbean Musician Killed | Travel and Car Hire news from CarRentals though for all I know so far her unfortunate death could be an accident.

If she'd feel off of the ship, onboard computer records would show that she was still aboard, having not carded out.
Come on DD.... Kids out grow helmets, so you wait till they grow enough that you dont have to replace it. Plus kids bounce better....
Out grow helmets, you know you're going to have several more, not the primary source of income or housework, not the primary household baby machine, etc.

Yeah, not used to some on the new profile and some on the old profile format. Found it finally. I'm going to post comparison pics from the vid and the FB page but hide them inside here...
Click pics for lager...

S.P.Thomas: View attachment 89444

Deceased: View attachment 89443

Yes that is her in both pictures. I would recognize that face anywhere. I should seeing how she was my girlfriend from around April 20, 2007 until February 7, 2011. The strange thing is in the last two emails I got from her she said she was in Mechanicsville Virginia and she was trying to get money to move to Saint Louis Missouri where I am living. She told me she was living in her car and was trying to get her disability check going again. The last email I got from her she told me she was in the hospital again from an infection from her car accident she was involved in in December 2010. I had no idea any of this had happened until I logged into my Facebook account and seen a message posted from her mother. I Google'd Samantha Paige Thomas and found out that way what all happened. I knew she was diabetic but as far as I know she didn't have any tumors. I don't know what all had happened but I still love her anyways. This will be my only post to this message board since it popped up when I Google'd her name. If you wish to leave me a message go to facebook dot com and put /jjbye

Sorry for your loss Dawnstrider. I'm not going to message you on FB but will leave this here in case you come back. All this is too typical of how difficult it is to get straight info on what happens to tourists in Mexico, even in Cozumel - with local powers hiding and downplaying info, questionable journalism - which we have too, google translating, etc. So she was homeless, disabled, and taking frequent cruises?

If you still have those emails, it is easy to trace origins - a skill few have but everyone should know.

best wishes DS

Last edited:
Google Translate

so says the local paper. App the guy worked at No Name as a bartender for 8 years....
Takes a notch out of the "Cozumel is so safe" claims huh? I still think it is safer than the vast majority of American cities, including safer than Lubbock, but caca can happen if one is not prudent. I know of a couple of other murders on the island in recent years.

I have no idea what the story is to this tho, and am skeptical enough to wonder if they actually got the right guy? :idk:

Back
Top Bottom