Sad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been going to the no name for years and I can't place him..

Hi, Danny. Reports are confusing but it seems that he worked at the No Name Bar that's across the street from the SSA Mexico pier where the Royal Caribbean ships dock -- not at the No Name Bar at Hotel Barracuda. Have you ever gone to that one?

Nelson Perez looks very, very familiar to me. Does anyone remember the boy with the bad arm who used to stand near the HSBC in the plaza -- across from Mosiacoz -- hawking menus for the restaurant Casablanca? Was that Nelson?

Last edited:
Deborah,

Did the No name bar open again down by the cruise ship docks? The original location was across the street, but that whole odd complex of shops was leveled a couple or three? years ago. When that happened they "moved" to the Barracuda location. Did they open again down south?

Thanks
Rich

Deborah,

Did the No name bar open again down by the cruise ship docks? The original location was across the street, but that whole odd complex of shops was leveled a couple or three? years ago. When that happened they "moved" to the Barracuda location. Did they open again down south?

Thanks
Rich

Yes, the southern location is definitely operating. From what I've observed while cycling by, it closes fairly early -- before final boarding of some ships that dock at the 2 southern piers. This seems to be necessary as the place looks like it depends on natural light.

Samantha Paige Thomas was a troubled soul. She swallowed a safty pin ( closed) but had a heart attack from it due to the fact that Royal Caribbean Allure didnt give her the proper medical help when she asked for it. She wasnt on drugs and didnt drink. She had no brain tumor and was not diabetic. It was why she left the cruise ship.

Dont get sick in Mexico or you will die.

I am so sorry about the loss of your daughter. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain of losing a child. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rest In Peace Samantha.

I am so sorry about the loss of your daughter. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain of losing a child. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rest In Peace Samantha.

Thank you. THe news we (the family) are getting from the U.S. Consolate and the news being speculated is horrendous in proportion. We (family) know what the events are as they happened but not the cause of her death. I ( as her mom) cant help but search the web each day for some kind of truth or at least something resembling the truth. The last thing any mother should go through is the loss of a child. Children are meant to out-live their parents, not live longer than their children. The truth is out there and I WILL find it!

Sorry for the rant.

Sorry for the rant.
No problem. We're Cozumel fans on this forum and some of us are bothered by both ladies' deaths...
We like to think that the island is safer than most American cities so the reported murder allegedly by a local is bothersome, as well as a sad loss to her family & friends.

We like to think that we can get decent medical care if needed in Coz or after transport to Cancun if needed, but mostly I would want to be stabilized for transport to Houston TX. Most scuba divers have free emergency medical evacuation benefits associated with their dive accident insurance, arranged thru the organizations. I remind my daughter and my dive bud of this every trip in case I need help, but also point out to my bud that you never see the quality of ambulances there that we do at home so let's be more careful driving, climbing ruins, etc.

And I am skeptical about anything from a news media or released by local authorities so I can easily appreciate your frustrations.​
My daughter, kids, and her mom recently did a cruise to Coz, which I declined as I find them boring, but I tried to help her anticipate possible problems and available solutions, as well as make it easy for her to call me for help if needed. Even tho her mom has medical issues, she ignored most of my suggestions - and their only problem was one of the kids had some strep throat I think. I've wondered if medical care on the boats was any good or not.

Offering my condolences for your loss and best wishes on finding answers needed.

Back
Top Bottom