San Diego Diving for beginners?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know if he is even checking this post anymore, but for what it is worth, I got a 2 for 400$ rate at San Diego Scuba Center, best instruction possible with a guy who is been diving for 20 years. And this was all inclusive, didn't have to buy a thing. I think I may have found a pretty rare instance where I matched the cheapest price possible with some of the best instruction possible.

I loved it so much I signed up for my AOW.

Also, there is nothing wrong with diving in SoCal, if you find yourself diving on a day when the surf may be a factor, you should really reevaluate your DM...because a) the viz will suck and b)if your a turd in the water you may drown.

I'd say above all else, where ever they learn, never push yourself beyond your comfort zone. I grew up in San Diego, was on Water Polo and Swim Team, have surfed San Diego during the winter months with 15+ surf, so the ocean swell here doesn't bother me.

I don't know if he is even checking this post anymore, but for what it is worth, I got a 2 for 400$ rate at San Diego Scuba Center, best instruction possible with a guy who is been diving for 20 years. And this was all inclusive, didn't have to buy a thing. I think I may have found a pretty rare instance where I matched the cheapest price possible with some of the best instruction possible.

I loved it so much I signed up for my AOW.
@MichaelRyanSd: Was the instructor's name "Jesse"? It's really nice that you didn't have to buy any personal gear (mask, snorkel, gloves, booties, fins).

Something to consider is that the San Diego Scuba Center is based in Bonita (near Chula Vista - a 35-40 min drive from La Jolla Shores). If I were vacationing in San Diego, I'm not sure I would want to drive all the way down there for scuba classes and confined water diving. I do understand that Jesse typically does his OW check-out dives at La Jolla Shores, so at least the OW dives would be more convenient.

Back
Top Bottom